cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor psd
Occasional Contributor

Re: iOS photo gallery share sheet missing message option

I'm now starting to think this may be an iPhone XS issue, as my wife has the same problem as me, yet my old iPhone 6+ doesn't. Also, a colleague at works' iPhone X does not have this problem either, so again, it's now starting to feel more like an iPhone model issue, not a carrier nor iOS issue. BTW, all of the above are all with Optus post paid.
Cheers.

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion caaf
Crowd Champion

Have you tried a different carriers SIM card in it yet?

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. Smiley Wink
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I haven't as yet, but I did just activate a replacement SIM from Optus, with no change, and the problem still exists.
UPDATE - A friend who works with Apple support has just told me that he has an XS too, with Vodafone, and has the same problem, so this is increasingly appearing to be an iPhone XS issue. Thanks again for you interest in this thread and I appreciate your support and suggestions.
Cheers.

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion caaf
Crowd Champion

Right oh, as I’ve said it’ll be interesting on the result (sim change).. It’s clear you’re going to keep us posted and would love to read a resolve.

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. Smiley Wink
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

One other thing I've noticed; when iMessage is off, the message app still shows up in the share sheet for other apps, i.e., when I try to share a note or contact etc. The only place it doesn't appear, is when I try to share a photo...Maybe it does have something to do with Optus MMS compatibility, with iPhone XS. This is doing my head in :\

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion caaf
Crowd Champion

Interesting mind I wonder if the associated image within the contact is sent.. I can only image how much it’s sending you around the bend.

Cheers Dave

0 Kudos