cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

iOS 14 release

iOS 14 is finally here! 

AlistarS_0-1600310909751.png

What's new for iOS 14?

Something that Android have been doing for several years finally comes to iOS...Widgets! 

Apple is introducing new widgets, which have been “totally redesigned” and are now able to be placed on the home screen, where you can arrange them however you want to show short snippets of information from apps or services.

No more staring at an incoming call

One update that stood out to me is finally having the option to use my phone whilst someone is calling, the caller won't take up the whole screen, so I can multitask whilst I ghost someone!

Language barriers

We can't travel anytime soon however the Apple maps have been updated along with the new translate feature! I've tried a few sample words and it seems very articulate.

The translate app uses the Apple Neural Engine introduced from iPhone 8 onwards to recognise, transcribe and translate text so you can communicate with people when you don’t speak the same language.

What are your thoughts on the anticipated iOS 14 update? Comment below! 🙂

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: iOS 14 release

Any chance Apple have introduced data usage warning and cut off capability in their settings like Android have?
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @petergdownload, you will need to confirm that with Apple directly → IOS 14 support page

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

• I’m a big fan of the widgets and stacking them on Home Screen. Didn’t realise how much I missed them from the days when I used Androids,
  • Picture in Picture makes a lot of sense when you’re in a FaceTime call and want to move to another app without giving the person the other side a rude “call paused” screen,
  • Pinned conversations in messages is another fantastic one, 
  • Safari runs so fast!
  • The Siri compact design looks great, but you have to be careful not to touch the screen before they do what you ask, as it will cancel out.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Since getting the iOS 14 and subsequent 14.0.1 updates, the connectivity through Wifi and Mobile data has been atrocious. Is this a known issue with the iOS 14 release, or is it just coincidental that the update happened and my iphone is now almost unusable for anything except calls and SMS?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey there @Chr1s, I haven't seen any reports from other customers experiencing this issue with the newest iOS update. I recommend checking our Network Status first of all, to see if there are any reported network issues in your area. 

If the issue persists, I recommend check out the steps in our Mobile broadband troubleshooting guide

If you do require any further assistance, please send us a message through the My Optus App. We'll then be able to confirm your service details and assist directly. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors