cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor BenzilLobo
New Contributor

iOS 13 is merging texts from two different numbers that are the same contact.

I used to be able to send private stuff to a friends personal phone and work texts to their work phones but now IOS 13 is merging the texts into the same text which has me sending personal stuff to the work phone. Do I seriously have to create a different contact altogether to stop this? For both instances of this the work phones are iPhones and the personal phones are android.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: iOS 13 is merging texts from two different numbers that are the same contact.

Hi BenzilLobo,

That isn't specifically mentioned taking a quick look over the dozens of bullet points about the iOS 13 update, including the Memoji and Messages section.

I currently use my iPhone only as a WiFi device without a SIM in it, @Paddylee have you noticed this with your new iPhone? Got a contact with two numbers?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: iOS 13 is merging texts from two different numbers that are the same contact.

Only been back to ios since last friday after 2 years on android. 

was an issue in ios12 where it was splitting out messages. It seems now you have it the other way around. 

if the end person uses the same apple id for work and personal i can see why it would amalgamate the 2 numbers. 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
New Contributor BenzilLobo
New Contributor

I used to be able to send private stuff to a friends personal phone and work texts to their work phones but now IOS 13 is merging the texts into the same text which has me sending personal stuff to the work phone. Do I seriously have to create a different contact altogether to stop this? For both instances of this the work phones are iPhones and the personal phones are android. 

my issue got solved!!
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Awesome! What was the resolution?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos