Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

how to block all calls and messages at night

Hi There

my son has a iphone 8, and I want to disable all services at night between 11pm and 7am. 

I tried sleep time but he resets the phone, so that doesnt work for us. 

He doesnt sleep and its affecting him and us big time. 

Can Optus provide some service like turn off 4G data service at night between certain hours?

Nick

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: how to block all calls and messages at night

Optus currently does not offer such a service.
If your son goes to the extent of resetting the device, perhaps it needs to stay with you at night?

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

I think Optus does actually offer the ability to turn any number on or off if you contact them @Paddylee . It pretty awkward but give it a shot @nshah .

That said, I agree that it would be much better to state that all electronics are off and out of the bedroom after 9pm every night. There's a lot of evidence that electronics (including TV) should be not available in then bedroom. That may be hard to implement depending on your child's age but learning to manage mobile time is an important life skill these days.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

It isn't a self-serve option you can do so really the only option would be to contact Optus every night to get them to deactivate mobile data and then contact again to activate again in the morning which obviously is far from ideal... but then he can still use WiFi anyway?

No phone in the room sounds like the way to go, nshah. Some options, not sure if they are suitable, are mentioned here: Internet Safety & Security Index however the F-Secure link is out of date so I've asked the content team to update.

Keep an eye on the Optus website in the coming weeks... I'm sure Yes Crowd will post something also... around this topic.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Give screen time control a try. It is not what you are looking for at a particular time. However, this will let you let the limit of hours, once that is up then your kid won't be able to use that feature till the next allowance. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208982

Here is one paid app that claims to do what you want, https://familytime.io/features/limit-screen-time-for-ios.html

This article might helps https://techcrunch.com/2019/12/10/apples-new-parental-controls-can-limit-who-kids-can-call-text-and-...

Your roof your rules!! Take the dam phone off the kid at the set time.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors