Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
noosagreen
New Contributor
New Contributor

apple watch series 4 does not work without iPhone nearby

I paid the extra to get a cellular watch so I could go running without my iPhone. It does not work! Occasionally it does and then when I am most waiting on a call the watch will not receive or make calls? Have spent most of the day with apple support who assured me it is an Optus issue not an issue with the watch. Please Optus tell me what to do. Everything appears to be as it should be but no calls can be made.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Rob_YC

Re: apple watch series 4 does not work without iPhone nearby

Hey @noosagreen certainly not what you want with your Apple Watch. There could be something which isn't quite configured correctly with that one. I recommend reaching out to us vis the My Optus App so the team can double check those on our end for you. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

noosagreen
New Contributor
New Contributor

The my Optus app has just added to the frustration. It cut out. They didn’t have any answers and tell me to phone. I sit on the phone for 30 minutes and no answer. What now? I’ve tried the app now 4 times and the chat line staff don’t seem to understand the issue. Optus you’re nearly as bad as Telstra! I’m still not connected, 

0 Kudos
Tina_YC

We're sorry you're having trouble reaching out support team, @noosagreen

Do you perhaps have the latest software update for your watch and iPhone? It might help to remove and re-add cellular plan  and Reboot the Apple Watch. If you need further assistance, please send a private message to the official Optus Facebook or Twitter page. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Top Contributors