Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

apple watch roaming

GPC

if i take my apple watch with cellular overseas but turn data roaming off on my phone will there be any data charges?

Re: apple watch roaming

Paddylee
I was under the impression that if you roamed the number share part stopped and the watch relied on connection via bluetooth. https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/number-share-what-you-need-to-know?requestType=NormalRe... This part: Can you use the Apple Watch GPS + Cellular overseas? You can take your Apple Watch GPS + Cellular overseas but it won't be able to Number Share and connect to a Mobile network. If you use your Postpaid Mobile Phone overseas, standard international roaming rates will apply. Now I dont know how "solid" apples implementation of data roaming switch as I think location data still is requested. But if you dont have roaming enabled on the phone service itself your safe (will just have to use wifi overseas).
Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
20 Kudos
18 Kudos
17 Kudos
10 Kudos
9 Kudos