Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor HWS
New Contributor

Yes Optus app on iOS 13.1.3 rejects correct authentication

Correct authentication, which works each time on the Optus My Account web site, is rejected by the Yes Optus app (Apple iOS 13.1.3).

I have gone through the password reset process several times to no avail. Also I uninstalled and reinstalled the app couple of times, incl. in to the local Optus store with a helpful service rep and a (maybe clueless) IT tech at the other end of the line.

This reported behaviour is the case, regardless whether I type in the password or have Apple Keychain auto populate the password field from a previous and stored attempt. I have also checked the password stored in iphone > Settings > web passwords. It is the correct.

The trial and error process is painful as the system locks out for 15 min repeatedly on multiple attempts (I assume 3) and the app is thus useless to me. 

As a software developer myself, to me the behaviour smells like SAML interoperability issues and differences with different web services. But I am guessing only after many different UI tests.

Have other iOS 13.1.3 users experienced anything similar or is your App QoE fine?

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Yes Optus app on iOS 13.1.3 rejects correct authentication

You may need to contact Optus direct and see if they can't sort it out behind the scenes. Password snafus like you mention do happen occasionally but they usually just for specific individuals with corrupted accounts and not platform wide.

You can contact them via the Phone App.

Peter Gillespie

Spoiler
PS Just kidding about the Phone App.  😀 Try LIVECHAT online or FACEBOOK.
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Unfortunately my device is on 13.2.3 so can't say for sure, but the app is working fine for me.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Also working fine me, I'm on 13.1.3.

Options would be to contact Optus and/or try moving to 13.2.3 as Paddylee advises is available.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor HWS
New Contributor

Thanks Peter for the prompt reply. I will try live chat from My Account. Already the local Chadstone shop (who were helpful) got a background tech involved on their mobile line. But they went for 30 min through all the resets I had tried (sigh).
0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

I assume that included. Clearing the app cache and uninstalling and reinstalling the app?
0 Kudos
New Contributor HWS
New Contributor

Now upgraded to 13.2.3 (thx Ray_YC). Yes, also deleted via Settings > General > iPhone Storage > My Optus > Delete, which I thought deletes all App data. Restarted the iPhone and reinstalled, checked that 'Mobile Data' is enabled. Tried My Optus both with Wifi off and on. Same problem.
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Okay thanks for trying that.

Next step from here would be as Peter suggested to contact Optus. I actually recommend leaving feedback for the My Optus app in iTunes directly for the developers, they are pretty good with responding.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors