Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Liza93
New Contributor
New Contributor

Wrong repair report!

So I sent my phone for repairs on the 27th August and got a report back stating my iPhone x that was only 6wks old had been taken to a repair shop and the motherboard was modified! I know damn well it had never been modified as I took it to optus because it was 6wks old and apple has 12months warranty on products so why would I pay for someone to "repair it" when I can get it done free under warranty? 

Anyway my question is has this happened to anyone else?

Did you get your phone replaced without paying for something you didn't do? I'm over this ! I'm paying for a premium phone that I don't even have! 

I've spoken to TIO and they have given optus till the Friday to solve this matter but haven't heard a thing back?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: Wrong repair report!

Hmm, I believe we send the handsets back to the manufacturer (in this case Apple, who make the final determination on whether the fault/damage is covered under warranty.

I wouldn't mind taking a look at the diagnostic report. Can you send us a private message with your account details?

I need your full name, DOB and mobile number. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors