Searching...

Mobile

Re: Will we receive iPhone x on release date if preordered on the 27th?

kelly1309

i checked optus tracking just now and it said that it was being ready for packaging!!! i immediately chatted optus and they said delivery for me will be on monday!! yesterday i was told that it wouldn’t be delivered for another 10 days! woohoo 🎉 

Saints78

I’m a happy camper got home and saw a card and I rushed to the post office and my new toys have arrived I’m so happy 

Jessd52

I’ve given up and reserved a phone with my closest Apple store this morning and cancelled my Optus order. I’ll let you of whom is still waiting how I go and if Apple sign me up with Optus, Apple website says they do and Optus confirmed so will see. Fingers crossed xx

sophie19

How did you reserve a phone? I tried yesterday but it would only let me outright purchase one by credit card and pick it up in store?

Jessd52

I was sent a link from an Apple chat person but I also saw this morning when looking at the stock level in certain stores that there was an option up the top to reserve. I’m lucky though and live in Brisbane and central to 3 stores so have multiple options 

Zanderor

On Saturday the 4th, I received the following text message:

OPTUSMSG:
Hi Alexander! Thanks for ordering the iPhone X from Optus.
We're contacting you to apologise that due to low stock availability, your order has been delayed and will now deliver from 14th Nov.
There's no need to contact us, your order is confirmed and progressing. Thank you for your patience.

I truely hope deliveries do start from tomorrow. I’ve been given mixed dates (Friday 3/11, 9/11 and now 14/11). I’ve been a long time customer with Optus but almost ready to cancel my order due to the lack of updates and inconsistent advice I’ve received from Optus representatives. 

fjb001

Yeah, you and me both (re. hoping shipping begins again from tomorrow). It'll be 11 days waiting for me. I can handle the waiting, but it's the incommunicado nature of Optus that's getting to me.

I get that stock is low, I get that shipments from Apple aren't as fast as Optus would like, and I get that the system can cause some issues for people. But the stock apology from the online chat team that essentially says 'You'll get an SMS when we finally get stock and your order is shipped' — it just doesn't cut it. Give an estimated timeframe for delivery. It really isn't rocket science.

What an unmitigated PR disaster.

sophie19

I just got an email and text message telling me that my iphone has been dispatched and should arrive tomorrow or wednesday! FINALLY! I'm still extremely disappointed in Optus and their lack of communication and general incompetence over te last 3 weeks but will be relieved when the phone finally arrives!

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
YesItsMe

Congrats @sophie19!  I am envious of you with me still being on the backorder queue.

I hope your device arrives tomorrow so you can enjoy.

My discussion with an Optus rep today yielded no new information other than 'we won't know when more devices will arrive until they have arrived at the warehouse'.

Sigh... Smiley Sad

joshraymond

For what it's worth. My awful experience:

I've had so many versions of what's happening. I initially preordered at 6:00PM on the 27th. I was issued a temporary order number at 6:04PM. I had thought it would all go smoothly. After missing 2 contact phone calls (I was in the desert in remote nsw) I finally was given an new order number and with lots of assurances my place in the queue (which they never seem to know) was safe, I was told. I also ordered a new watch. I have doubts that will arrive once it was converted to a proper order number.

Just now prompted by other peoples experience here I contacted CHAT to check... I was just told:

"We are getting stocks on 16 Nov for the customers who pre ordered it on 27 Oct 2017."
"If that stocks comes in then you can expect the order to be delivered by 20 Nov."
"If we did not get the shipment then you need to wait for the update"
"I would request you to contact us on 16 Nov with the order # to get an update"

So maybe this week? There is something so opaque and clunky about this process. It may as well be a lottery. I appreciate supply is constrained but give people some information about the queue and process. Like lots of others I have escalated these complaints to the 10 day complaint review thing. Whatever that is. As an Optus customer since 1992 (when they bought out Hutchison Telecoms) I'm every bit hopeful they get this stuff right for once. Their systems are really very poor and feel as smart and up to date as in 1993. I can survive without a X but Optus are just awful with this launch. Truly awful.

So I posted the above to the Whirlpool forums and it maybe requires an update here:
What is the solution? Even if Optus cannot predict supply from Apple, the one thing they have in their system is a list and therefore queue of orders. But why are they so opaque aobout this? This is a policy level, certainly higher-up approach, to not disclosing sales and demand or lack/there of. The result from this is 1000 versions of what is going on from phone (if you can get hrough) and chat staff. My post and other similar ones here represent the edgecase of very keen customers. But, surely, we are exactly the sort of customers Optus might want to offer more detail to. Imagine a tranparent and detailed update to orders, queues and priorities for sales!!! We could sing that song. Maybe I'm being naive but I do think this represents a significant failure on an operational level (they've been doing these things every year for 7 or so years) but also a strategic and cultural failure within the organisation. My sense is I am not alone in these thoughts and also that this time round it warrants some sort of corporate response. My 2 cents.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
16 Kudos
14 Kudos
10 Kudos
9 Kudos
8 Kudos