cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Will we receive iPhone x on release date if preordered on the 27th?

@Milbs

I'm sure if Optus had the handsets they'd be shipping them. Obviously with a very tight world supply Apple are sending most of the stock to Apple stores. I agree completely though that Optus communication channels here are not good enough.

A simple "sold out" email to all current customers would probably go a long way.

Hi Milbs,

Due to strong demand we are currently waiting for more iPhoneX stock from Apple. The date we expect to be able to fill your order is (unknown / 21 Nov / early next year). If you would like to cancel your pre-order please do so here. We appologise for the delay.

Optus

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Milbs
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I don’t think that they have stock but aren’t telling us!

If they give us firm dates then we can make a decision - wait - or stay with Vodafone who have COMMITTED a six week delivery time (to me) or buy a handset from Apple (could have had one today from ANY of the Sydney stores) and just go SIM only.

The lack of any information plus the garbage coming from customer “support” just isn’t good enough.

0 Kudos
anthonyn
Contributor
Contributor

I just cancelled my phone with optus! Managed to get a reservation for today with apple! They said i can go in store and set up my phone through optus and receive it today! I am so excited I can finally get my phone! 

everyone! I suggest u reserv your phone at apple! 6:00am everyday and there are multiple spots opened!!! You receive it that day and make a time that is convient for you! 

Wish everyone the best in receiving there phone. 

Ben77006
Contributor
Contributor

Milbs, If you go ahead into an Apple Store and they have your desired phone in stock you are able to get that phone on a plan with either Vodafone, Optus or Telstra and they have the sim cards at the stores to get everything set up straight away. You should visit an Apple Store to get more details and find out what plans they have (normally same as carrier), then after you have your phone, cancel your reservation with optus

anthonyn
Contributor
Contributor

They won't allow this to happen unfortunatley I tried. You need to have cancelled your phone plan. They won't allow u to get a phone through that carrier if you already pre ordered through them. I thought u could but i tried on tuesday. 

Unless I'm wrong and the person had no idea ??

0 Kudos
Ben77006
Contributor
Contributor

You could be right, i've never done it personally just from what Apple has told me, maybe asking in Apple would be the first step then one they for sure have a phone for you, cancel your Optus Pre-Order

0 Kudos
Milbs
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

If you need to port your number you can't use the Apple route - they can do new numbers or upgrades.

I'm porting - or not!

0 Kudos
anthonyn
Contributor
Contributor

so i can upgrade my current plan? it just ended a couple weeks ago? If i cant im happy getting a new number i want this phone!! LOL! 

0 Kudos
Mondy
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

As much as we complain about the lack of communication from Optus on their very own Forum I note that Optus hasn't acted.

I was contacted on Tuesday by an Optus rep and told that (a) I was on the top of their list, i.e. the next phone would be mine and (b) that I'd likely get it this week.

Now, while I disregarded (a) as BS, I did take (b) seriously.  And yet here we are, on Friday, all of us twiddling our thumbs.

I also note that the Optus rep on Twitter and Facebook essentially provides the same response when asked - you will get an SMS when the phones reach the warehouse.  Yes, Optus rep we know that.  And we know how to track our order so stop giving us the link as if it, magically, might produce the phone.  And when you ring your customers stop outright lying.

Optus, are you listening?  Do any of your customer service people read this?  Do any of you care?

If you did care you'd say - "look we have no idea when we will be getting new phones... or we will be getting a new delivery on the 13th of November but it is limited and it's unlikely that your order will filled at that time.  At the moment we are estimating a delivery time of three weeks etc, etc..."

But no, it's either lies or silence.  Or the same old crap advice to check the tracking information.

The level of incompetence is massive.  I would cancel today if I knew I could walk into an Apple store and get a new phone (though there seems to be doubt about that upthread).  I have been with Optus for 15 years (or more) but the relationship ends after this contract.

0 Kudos
anthonyn
Contributor
Contributor

Monday

I only ordered my phone through Apple this morning! I just spoke to them you can reserve a phone and no need to cancel the phone plan either once u reserve your phone you can walk into an apple store at any time and pick it up. I am not doubting apple because they actually listen to their customers. 

I made an apointment to go with vodafone so they have all representation (Optus, telstra, vodfone) at the apple store everyday for when u pick up your phone you can pay month to month with that company if you reserve a spot. + there are spots open every 30 minutes. thats 24 spots open to receive an iphone every day at the apple store on george st in sydney. 

it said reserve it at 6:00am but i woke up at 6:20 and quickly did it and there were still spots so its a secret not everyone knows about yet. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors