cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Saints78
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Will we receive iPhone x on release date if preordered on the 27th?

just a quick question if u are not home when they deliver do they take it to the closest post ofice

NexusQ1
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Preorder on 27th means virtually nothing, the real order placed is when the Optus sales staff call you to confirm your order is placed, if you did not receive any emails with an A number then a 7 digital number, then this has not been done.

I am using this as my base for complaint. No community manager has contacted me to offer any resolution, and this is simply poor.

anthonyn
Contributor
Contributor

It's ridiculous. I pre ordered mine 30 minutes after pre orders went on sale and they didnt confirm mine until 12:03AM on the 28th which means there is a 80% chance ill get it this week and a 20% chance ill get it next week. 

If you have not received a confirmation email yet your iphone will most likely be shipped on the 21st of November. 

NexusQ1
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

lols you'll get this before me that is for sure, even thou i am ahead of you by 21 minutes, they didn't confirm my order until 1/11....

the latest person said that anyone who ordered on 27/10-31/11 will get it in the next batch hahaha... Now i am not sure if i am included since my "real" order time is just outside of that on 1/11...

So with any of the other information avaliable i should get it next week on Wednesday to friday. Now provided that they have enough 256GB Silver... it seems every person on the planet has a Silver iPhone.

Milbs
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

The order dates are irrelevant as far as I can tell.

My order wasn't "officially" accepted (as in acknowledged by email) until the 29th. The tracking number didn't work until the evening of the 31st - Optus chat told me I would be getting a handset on the 3rd. Then Optus chat said the 6th. Today (8th) Optus chat said I would receive one "after the 16th".

So time of order, plan being purchased, new or existing customer seem to have absolutely no bearing on their "process".

Total shambles and exactly what we all now expect from Australian telcos.

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

FWIW, if you haven't recieved an iPhoneX by now then it appears you'll be waiting several weeks or more now.

Hopefully Optus are taking note of the feedback here and elsewhere.

It's obviously dissapointing when stock shortages delay an order, but people get irate when they've effectively been misled (or worse, told nothing). A launch like the iPhoneX should be a huge win for Optus. To squander that with a badly managed process and setting unrealistic expectations for customers is just dumb.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

AlexRH
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi everyone, can assure you we're taking your feedback seriously and we understand that the wait for your handset would be frustrating. 

With that being said, if there are any updates with your order we'll communicate them through via SMS/email. Once your handset leaves the warehouse you will also be sent an SMS to confirm it, with tracking details. We do also have Delivery FAQ's here.

If you have yet to receive an order number (starting with 6 or A), this means we're still processing your order or we may need to get in touch to confirm something.

Please feel free to chat with us here if you do have any urgent concerns with your iPhone X order. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Saints78
Contributor
Contributor

Alex Rh  I think the reason why we are not happy is due to the lies and  fales info we are getting not th delays. I got my order number started with a 6 on the 28th of oct and it stats my ore has been confirmed and waiting for my phone to arrive at werehouse and 2 weeks later I’m still waiting and on chat yesterday was told that my was being processed and I’ll gwt in in 3-5 days. I’ll be one very unhappy customer if I don’t as this is called false info and I’ll be taking this up with higher authority. Lol

NexusQ1
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I am not happy because i preordered 8 minutes after preorder day, and is being treated like I am on backorder...

Again no information, no apologies, no community manager offering anything, excuses from Optus, order not confirmed until  1/11, how is that MY FAULT?, and they told me my order is delayed by 2 weeks that was last week, we'll i don't buy that, they don't offer me any CREDITS or APOLOGIES, Webchat also serves up more excuses and say pre-order doesn't matter, will what the heck is the point of a pre-order then????????????????????????????????????????????????

I want my order to be pushed up the pecking order based on my pre-order, and again NO COMMUNITY MANAGER (7th time) is willing to help, exceptionally pooooooor service.

Milbs
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

AlexRH - I think, as a few others have said, that our main concern is that we cannot get any decent information from you.

My order has supposedly been sitting in your warehouse waiting for allocation since the 31st. I’ve been given three “guaranteed “ delivery dates - 3rd, 6th and now 16th.

As a brand new customer I only came across (after 10 years of excellent service from Vodafone) because of the fact that you were claiming to have stock when Vodafone had already admitted they didn’t. Vodafone are giving firm dates for delivery - you still aren’t.

I think you should come clean on your real position and give us all the opportunity to decide whether to wait or not - at the moment you can do an in store pickup at Apple almost daily so the stock situation can’t be as bad as you’re making out.

Top Contributors