cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Robin88
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Will we receive iPhone x on release date if preordered on the 27th?

There are simply not enough units to meet demand. Apparently these things are expensive/time consuming to make due to OLED panels and new components. 

Even Apple cannot give these to you earlier than 5-6 weeks even if you're willing to pay extra $$$$.

For most part, I believe Optus did what they could. Im not saying this because I have got mine but I have been with them for close to 15 years now and they rarely let me down bar a few crappy customer reps from overseas. Also, they have probably the best plans considering the quality of their network (only second to Telstra I believe)

I am hoping yous will all get some sort of discount or perks to make up for it. Ask and it shall be given!

Lastly, dont cancel your order otherwise you may not get it before the end of 2017. 

Mondy
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

No, Optus hasn’t done what they could.  At the minimum they haven’t told their reps the same things.  They’re sending out inconsistent messages.  Fine.  I didn’t get my phone today, but at least follow up with the customers that missed out and tell them what’s going on.

Robin88
Contributor
Contributor

Oh.. I agree. @Mondy I didnt get my notification too. I had to contact them twice to find out and it was still a guess till this morning when Startrack finally updated to out for delivery. It is Poor from firstly Apple then Optus and StarTrack. I guess their systems just were not able to cope and I dont even want to talk about incompetent sales reps and the lack of care they displayed. HOpe it will get better in the future.

NexusQ1
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Peter, shortage is fine, this isn't a "shortage" issue, it is more to do with "allocation". Appears to be that Apple want's to encourage lines to be back in the physical stores this includes Optus stores, but much more attention was placed on the Apple Stores, they had over 400 people in line yesterday in the Sydney Store. I can't even reserve anything! Speaking of Reservation, Apple's reservation system will open up today at 6:01am. On their website, I won't link their website here incase any isssues 😛

For people who pre-orderd through their carriers, this is the way to do it, and more emphasis should be given to people on contracts and not people who buy it outright considering many of them are scalpers, the first in line yesterday in Sydney apparently was a scalper, he will sell it on Ebay for double the price. 

From Optus part, change your way please, order placement should be based on the T number rather than when it was confirmed especially when the customer had no real control over it, and we don't really need "call" to chase things up then you don't have to give out free credits and stuff, by having a master case number.

Saints78
Contributor
Contributor

hi guys hope ever who has the new phone is happy with it just got of the chat with a wonderful person and said the delivery will start on the 9th so fingers cross there will he a few more happy people out here.

NexusQ1
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the update, it still doesn't allivate any issues but at least we have some kind of indication, obviously still not happy.

Honestly so what is the point of a pre-order then? we could all go to major Optus / Apple stores on launch day and get one on the spot.

Saints78
Contributor
Contributor

Your 100% right there my local store still had stock in the early avo and u kicking myself. 

kelly1309
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

i got my confirmation email with “track your order” button on the 29th. any idea when i’ll receive the phone? optus chat isn’t being at all helpful. when i preordered i was told there would be a delay, but “rest assured i will only have to wait 10 days max” 

its only been 3 since release but after reading this thread i’m starting to worry. 

i’m not worried about the delays i’m worried about the incorrect expectations set from the person i preordered from. beyond upset. 

anthonyn
Contributor
Contributor

Optus is so Sh*T 

I ordered mine the 27th got my Order number 12:05am on the 28th and they confirmed me to recieve my iphone Friday 3rd, Monday 6th, tuesday 7th, wednesday 8th, thursday 9th, however no text message.

I dont understand how optus staff member can confirm (lucky i saved all the chats) and lie to members? I understand its a shortage but stop lying to us!

Thanks!

Saints78
Contributor
Contributor

Im not to sure if they are lying to us i think there just not been told what to say in condtions like this and everyone is just sayin what ever they can to calm us applers Smiley LOL look im not on optus side here. me to is very unhappy about how they have treated us. i was told today on the phone as well as chat  that deliverys will start on the 9th so lets hope this is true.

Top Contributors