Searching...

Mobile Products & Network

Highlighted

Will we receive iPhone x on release date if preordered on the 27th?

Miikal

Hey guys, was just wondering if we would be receiving the iPhone x on Release date? I preordered online on the 27th at 6:01pm

ive heard a lot of talk about low stock so that’s why I was just wondering or will there be a delay? 

Thanks

Re: Will we receive iPhone x on release date if preordered on the 27th?

petergdownload

Anybody's guess. Presumably Optus has been allocated some stock and if you're lucky you're close to the head of the line. Apparently Apple have around 3 million units available to ship on the release date (There are 90 million iphone users in the US alone)

Its a lottery. Good luck

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Miikal

Thanks mate, I’m hoping so. As Optus are acting like we may get one on release date. Cause I thought I would of heard something by now if there was going to be a delay. 

petergdownload

Optus are pretty tight lipped on these sorts of pre-orders (even announcing if and when a preorder for a particular product will be available is often not done). I'm sure they must have various contracts and commercial in confidence issues to navigate. Plus the pre-order shuffle is largely designed to work best where there's little concrete information. Apple and Optus (or any company) like them because it locks customers in early and all for just the promise of providing a phone "one day". 

FWIW it would seem Apple intend to try get an iphoneX to all early adopters before Christmas.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

MouniraH

Hi Mikal

By now you would have received an email from us with your temporary order number. In that email, we said we would confirm your order within 48 hours, however, due to high demand there has been a delay in this confirmation being sent. This does not impact your delivery timeframe.

Next steps

• There is no need to contact us - we have received your order. If we don’t contact you, it means we already have all the information we need.
  • We will be in touch if any further information is required, either by email or phone. Please ensure you’re keeping an eye on your inbox.
  • A final order confirmation will be sent containing the details you need to track your order.

We appreciate your patience.

Thanks

M

Have you seen something helpful? Don't forget to give it a kudos. Asked a question and got an answer? Make sure you mark it as an accepted solution!

Ben77006

I have received my order number on Saturday, although I am still unable to track it on the Optus Startrack website, is it possible to receive some sort of estimate when the iPhone will be delivered? I ordered very early in the pre-orders.

petergdownload

Order number or Temporary order number?

If its the later then there's nothing to track yet.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Ben77006

Hi Peter,

I have received my actual order number, I am able to track on the Optus Website but it currently says "We're waiting for your item to arrive at our warehouse. You will receive an SMS when it is dispatched. You can check the status here or call us on 1800 555 295 for anything else", this same number does not work on the StarTrack website, I was wondering when i will be able to, and if I should be able to yet.

petergdownload

That sounds exciting then.

Don't really know about international despatch processes, but it seems likely Apple are waiting until the last minute to deliver stock to their resellers. There's probably some warehouse in Sydney that has a few thousand phones that will be couriered to retail outlets and and Optus etc. just hours before release day.

If you have an order number then that would suggest Optus know howmany they will recieve and you have been allocated one of them. 

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Ben77006

Hi Peter,

Thanks for all your help, I was wondering if you knew when the iPhone 8’s came up on StarTrack? Just to compare to the X.

Post a Reply
iPhone X now available to order

Stock will be limited.Read More

Top Contributors
46 Kudos
27 Kudos
19 Kudos
19 Kudos
15 Kudos