Searching...

Mobile

Wifi Calling

NC8

Hi I'm trying to enable Wifi calling on an iphone 7.  As per the help page I have enabled VoLTE but cannot see 'Wifi Calling on this iphone' from the settings > phone menu.

On the help page it also says'

The first step to get WiFi Calling is to request that VoLTE (4G Voice Calls) be applied to the service. When VoLTE is applied the WiFi Calling feature will also be applied'

but what is the phone number/ contact the request this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Wifi Calling

glenn0

When you turn on VoLTE a system order is made and that needs to go through first. Can take "15mins to 4 hours".

Once that's done, go to Settings > Phone > Wi-Fi Calling > turn on, say yes, etc.

Wi-Fi calling will automatically switch over when your iPhone has an accessible Wi-Fi connection and where you only have 1 or 2 bars of 4G service. Wi-Fi Calling won't switch over if you're in a strong 4G area for obvious reasons.

-------------------

Loyal Optus customer. My opinions are my own.
Highlighted

NC8

Thanks but I was informed by Optus Technical Support that WiFi Calling will only work if the Iphone 7 was purchased directly from Optus.  Despite enabling VoLTE on both the phone and by Optus for my number the Wifi Calling Option is not available and therefore I cannot use WiFi calling.  

I am a previously very happy Optus customer with Cable Broadband and 5 mobiles.  Home Zone is now disconnected,  WiFi Talk is unusable and so I now only have intermittant mobile signal from Home.  Currently I'm being given no options from Optus.

glenn0

The Optus Tech Support guy is either stupid or just a poorly trained monkey. There's absolutely no difference between the iPhones Optus sell and the ones you get from Apple directly. Zero. None. 

You do need the latest Optus carrier settings, which comes in OTA when you put an Optus SIM card into your phone. 

You might need to get Optus to manually enable VoLTE on your account. 

The only other reasons it won't work is if your WiFi connection blocks the ports needed for VoWiFi to establish a connection, or your 4G service isn't weak enough for it to kick over. 

-------------------

Loyal Optus customer. My opinions are my own.

NC8

Thanks for your reply.

Is there anyone from Optus who would like to respond to this and try to help me?

NC8

I should have also said that the Optus Technician did say that he'd enabled VoLTE on my account but obviously I can't check that. 

Steph_C

Sorry about all the trouble you've had getting this sorted @NC8 - are you able to PM your full name, mobile and DOB so we can check this feature is enabled?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
16 Kudos
14 Kudos
10 Kudos
9 Kudos
8 Kudos