cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

johnm_35
Contributor
Contributor

Visual Voicemail

Instead of spending all your time and money on irritating (and untruthful) TV ads about how Optus says "yes," why don't you put a little effort into enabeling visual voicemail. This is beyond ridiculous now... Especially when you pride yourself on saying "yes," but have been giving all us loyal customers a big NO ever since the iPhone was first released. Telstra has had visual voicemail running since 2011... Come on Optus, live up to your stupid slogan... Smiley Mad

56 Replies
saffatac
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Visual Voicemail

I AGREE!!! I just swapped over thinking visual voicemail was a feature of my phone and now I have to listen to a stupid automated voice read out all the details... I dont remember if it was at 4pm if you say it! I need to LOOK at it and be able to scroll back and forth through messages. I also could keep hundreds of messages and look back over them.

I am thinking of signing on to get an iphone 6 but if optus doesnt say yes to visual voicemail Im out. I cant believe they dont have it. 

Ian
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Thanks for your feedback on this guys, will ensure our crew see your comments to let them know you're keen to see this feature. At this stage there's no further info available on when or if this will be available with Optus.

johnm_35
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Ian, but we have been getting the same response ever since VV was invented many years ago, and nothing has changed. The response is always that there is no information at this time.. Well after so long it would be nice if they could say they have some plans or just to say no we won't ever do it so we know what is happening. This constant silence and lack of interest by Optus to add this feature indicated to me that it'll probably never happen 😞
mattdstone
New Contributor
New Contributor

I've got to agree with some of the other posts here. I am coming back to optus after 2 years with Telstra using visual voicemail. I am extremely disappointed Optus STILL dont have this years on.

Common Optus, lets get the ball rolling on this and not just give us the "we've passed it on, no other info available line"

myzhu
New Contributor
New Contributor

I've just moved to Optus and I can't explain how frustrated I am without knowing Optus does not have a Visual Voicemail sytem... I don't think I would want to stick around if something is not done about it, I've read previous post and it does not look like it's even close to having anything done to it.

Can Optus please provide an ETA on an update as it's SUCH an important feature for everyone on the iPhone, I feel like I've just been jipped.

Tom
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Unfortunately there's no time-frame at this stage on when or if Optus will be providing Visual Voicemail. If anything changes on this front, we'll be sure to let our customers know.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
johnm_35
Contributor
Contributor

Tom we have heard this response for years and years. Can you possibly take it upon yourself and do something to push for this feature to be enabled? Because as it stands, nothing is ever going to happen.
sconski
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm yet another person who has foolishly moved over to Optus, only to discover that Visual Voicemail is not supported.  I dont understand why not?  Surely it's not difficult?  What is wrong with you people at Optus.

mrklem
New Contributor
New Contributor

Same situation here. I've just moved from Telstra thinking that VV was a part of the OS not something that was relative to the carriers desires. It has been a fairly fundamental part of my iPhone usage in the past. It is much needed.