Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
melbournegeek
New Contributor
New Contributor

Visual Voicemail

So, I just swapped to Optus after being with telstra for 15 years and have discovered that iPhone visual voicemail is not supported.

I though optus was a full service carrier. After a quick search, it is apparent the Optus has done nothing but say 'we'll look into it' since the launch of the capability a couple of years ago.

Fortunately I am not on a contract and will port out. Visual voicemail is one of the best features of the iPhone and really impacts day to day usability.

Very disappointed.

19 Replies
Esther
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Visual Voicemail

I can understand your frustration and apologise this has caused you that much grief.

We've provided your feedback about the visual voicemail feature to our product guys as previously advised on your other thread in this forum,

We hope to see you back sometime in the future and wish you all the best in the meantime

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Ox
New Contributor
New Contributor

OK so Optus still doesn't support Visual Voicemail that has now beer around and supported by teh other carriers for a couple of years but can you tell me if it ever intends to do and and if so when?

0 Kudos
Ox
New Contributor
New Contributor

Visual Voicemail

OK so Optus still doesn't support Visual Voicemail that has now beer around and supported by teh other carriers for a couple of years but can you tell me if it ever intends to do and and if so when?

0 Kudos
Ox
New Contributor
New Contributor

OK so Optus still doesn't support Visual Voicemail which has now been out and supported by the other carriers for a couple of years, but.
Will does it ever intend to support this and if so when?
The answer to this will influence mine and now doubt countless other customers who have recently moved over to Optus and are seriously considering cancelling their contracts as the lack of support for this industry standard feature was not mentioned when we signed up.
0 Kudos
brockarella
New Contributor
New Contributor

Small business in Kingaroy and we need this! The voice to text feature isn't convenient enough for the $6 a month fee. If it was for visual voicemail we'd be willing.
0 Kudos
Ryan
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Thanks for your feedback brockarella. Are you currently using the V2T feature? If so, and you wish to remove it from your service we can take care of this for you. Let us know.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Barn456
New Contributor
New Contributor

Guys, This is totally nuts, just spend 30 mins on the phone to customer service , unsuccesfully trying to explain what visual voicemail is and only to ascertain that optus doen't have it.

Just silly. Dear optus, You have to get this product set up. Optus is a modern network with 4G. How can you not have VVM? 

I had VVM on my iPhone 3G in the uk probably 5 years ago? 

0 Kudos
Tom
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Sorry about this Barn456. As this isn't a feature we currently have, many of our staff would not be aware of it.

At this stage, there is no word on when or if Optus will have this available, though if anything changes we will certainly let the community know.

0 Kudos
favourthebold
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes I also would like this service.  Telstra and Vodaphone have provided it for at least 2 years.  Please provide VVM for us Optus

0 Kudos