cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor Ante
Occasional Contributor

Visual Voicemail

Hi guys 

simple question, visual voicemail!

i have an iPhone 7 Plus and have been with Optus for 3 years now, and I have ALWAYS had visual voicemails on my iPhone.

I have never had to dial 321 to listen to a voicemail, last week I renewed my plan and all of a sudden it does not work anymore nor does anyone from Optus know what i am talking about and neither can Apple support help me.

Optus says this does not exist with them, but i say impossible because I have been using it for a long time now!

need help please, what are my options, can I resolve this, can it be fixed, do I change carriers, or time to give Samsung a go?

i am really anoyed at this little problem.

thankyou

ante

11 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Visual Voicemail

Optus only offer it on Corporate mobile plans - they have never offered it to any other plans.

Was your service previously a work mobile by chance?

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Paddylee

no, it has never been a corporate plan, but I have had it since day 1 of my contract, I love it, and I think it is a great part of the iPhone experience.

so I think whoever connected it for me all that time ago screwed up by the sounds off it?

i just renewed my plan, and now I seriously want to change to another carrier that provides this service.

i don’t know what else i can do?

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Hopefully a Yes Crowd Mod (Optus Employee) will be able to assist with this side.

They would have access to check your account and see what was provisioned in the past.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Occasional Contributor

Yeah, I don’t think so, i was on live chat last night to at least 4 difference people, went to 2 different Optus stores today, spent another 45min on the phone this afternoon to Optus, and still no result!

my thing is that I have had it all this time since I have have been with Optus, and now I find out it doesn’t exist for us poor simples, not good enough, like I said, I cannot imagine my iPhone without it.....

0 Kudos
Moderator Shauna

Hey @Ante - thanks for reaching out. Are you sure you weren't on a business or corporate plan? 

Visual voicemail isn't available to consumer customers at this stage. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Shauna

This is another problem, no one has been able to tell me how long I have been Optus, I assume that that i am not on a business plan, I have always been on a $40 sim only plan.

All I know is that I have had this feature of visual voicemails since the first day of my contract, and I don’t know why I can’t have it now!!!

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Tano
RetiredModerator

Hey @Ante, sorry for the confusion here, just to clarify, might you be referring to Voice to MMS and not Visual Voicemail? The latter has never been available on consumer plans.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Tano

NO, it’s all good, after 3 hours on the phone yesterday I’ve finally managed to raise an official complaint yesterday!

No, I know exactly what i am talking about and what i had, the only way we will prove what i had was if Optus recorded the conversation i had with them when setting it up when I connected with them.

One more call on Monday to another department, if no resolution, will move to Vodafone to get visual voicemails.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

So after a good 6 hours of live chat and calls to optus, they were unable to help, but willing to let me out of my contract after a week, moving to Vodafone asap.

thanks