cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor apjhunt
Occasional Contributor

Re: Visual Voicemail

If there’s anyone at Optus listening,,,, to paraphrase When Harry met Sally:

”Can we have what he’s having?”

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Sandshoes2230
Occasional Contributor

Shhh they may take it away from me

0 Kudos
New Contributor chris212
New Contributor

Can't beleive this is not supported. 

On the phone right now canceling my service.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@chris212

Have to ask - on what grounds.

Apple advertises that its not available on consumer plans.

Optus does not advertise it at all, what have they failed ot provide thats not in the CIS or ads for their service?

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
New Contributor chris212
New Contributor

Thanks for your response - I've been using that feature with Vodafone since my first iPhone (~6 years ago).

If others are offering a feature for free that I really value, is that not grounds enough for me to switch back?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Johno42
Occasional Contributor

@Paddylee

I can't answer for @chris212 but I would like to make some comments.

I agree and you are correct that apple states (when you go searching for the detail after you find that your phone cannot use visual voicemail on the Optus network) that Optus is the only carrier that locks out Visual Voicemail for indivuduals or business users but is available if you are a Corporate user.

Unfortunately if you are coming to Optus it is not clear that Optus removes this functionality from the phone when all other Mobile providers do not limit the functionality of the iPhone in this manner.

Nor is it clear in the CIS nor anywhere else in the advertising that Optus provide that they remove phone functionality.

I refer you to http://smb.optus.com.au/opfiles/Shop/All/cis/Cis%20Documents/20076429_CIS_40_My_Plan_Plus_12M_SIM_On...

I have checked other CIS documents and they remain silent on this as well.

If an individual has an iPhone on the Telstra or Vodaphone networks and moves to Optus there is nothing to suggest that this functionality is not available to individuals or business users. 

What is more if you google Visual Voicemail Apple Optus, you only get crowd support information nothing formal from Optus. It is my understanding that yescrowd is not a formal communication from Optus.

Therefore I think it would be a reasonable expectation when moving to Optus that when you find network functionality is removed from the phone by a carrier, this would form reasonable grounds for cancelling. 

Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Could always move to NZ and get Visual Voicemail... oh wait.. none of their telcos have it according to Apple.

Also see that Singtel dont offer it (so most likely cause in regards to Optus not having it for the masses)

Not sure of the inner workings to have it enabled so cannot comment on that side.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Johno42
Occasional Contributor

@Paddylee

Thanks for that contribution I will consider it should I consider moving to New Zealand. 

In the interim it would be really helpful if you could clarify your earlier comment in this thread where you stated that VVM was available for business customers. Specifically what is the criteria used as the qualification for this to be offered. 

It it would be very helpful as there is absolutely no mention of this in the Optus pages. 

Thanks in in anticipation of your help.