cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor Tropheus
Occasional Contributor

Re: Visual Voicemail

It’s just unbelievable... Words cannot describe this.

I’m just flabbergasted!

Maybe Optus should bring back the animals in their advertising. I think an Ostrich would be perfect with its head buried in the sand...! The “Yes” slogan can also be utilised on that image

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Johno42
Occasional Contributor

@Dan_C

Where you state "At this stage, it's something we do offer our business and enterprise customers."

Unfortunately this is incorrect.

I have a business account with optus that I have had for many years. After reading your post above I spent over an hour on the phone with optus trying to find out how I could have this activated for my company account. Over that hour I was repeatedly told that Optus does not offer Visual Voicemail at all, but when I let them know that this is in fact not the case I was passed on. The final person I spoke to contacted a "subject matter expert", who confirmed my understanding, Optus ONLY offers Visual Voicemail to their corporate accounts.

Unfortunately the Optus CSR's do not have the correct information, and often will deny that Optus even offers or supports this functionality on their network.

It would be really good if Optus actually admitted that they restrict this service to only their large customers, and if you are not in that category they only offer their own propriatery alternatives. Truth in advertising (or representation) would go a long way for customer loyality.

Having the position misrepresented, or having people misled either intentionally or through poor training, isn't great in getting customers to have support or loyality for their supplier.

Fortunately for Optus, the commercial rates are suffecient to prevent churn, but when the opposition provide commercially competative alternatives, I will churn my company and private accounts immediately.

Occasional Contributor Sandshoes2230
Occasional Contributor

Um it appears Optus has turned on visual voicemail finally! I was able to set mine up today!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor apjhunt
Occasional Contributor

Seriously? How did you set it up?

Sure you’re not on a business plan of some sort?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Ka_Hooli
Occasional Contributor

How did you enable VVM?  Is it an option you had to enable somewhere, or did it just start working under the Voicemail button in the phone app?

Are you on a business or corporate plan?

Very keen to find out more... I hope this means they might be finally rolling it out, but I've only been waiting for it for about a decade, so not holding my breath.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Didn’t do anything to enable it just pressed the voicemail button and it appeared with a button saying set up voicemail

certainly not a business account and my wife’s phone doesn’t have it working so it’s just me for some reason.

they are either trialing it getting ready to enable it for everyone or they have just enabled it on my account by mistake, it’s been a few days now and still working

Occasional Contributor Ka_Hooli
Occasional Contributor

Very cool, hopefully a sign that it is coming, and not a mistake.

Something I am curious about; if you go into the Settings app > General > About, what is the value for Service Provider?  I have OPTUS 31.0.  I suspect that if they are rolling it out, you've been provisioned an updated Service Provider profile (AKA carrier settings).

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Also running Optus 31.0 so mustn’t be linked with that? I tried resetting network setting on my wife’s phone but that didn’t make any difference she still has the old voicemail so not quite sure how it’s working?

if I could upload a screen shot I would

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Johno42
Occasional Contributor

There is an option for linking a picture in the rich text editor, if you cant get that to work how about you just upload a screenshot to imgur.com and link it here.

It would be great to understand how this is working for you.

Just a couple of questions about the type of plan you are on, this is a personal or small business plan or did you phone get provided via your work? Was this a new phone or did you just do a factory reset on your existing mobile?

Again thanks for the input.

[edit] details of how to upload to imgur are here http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-upload-photos-to-imgur-from-iphone/

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

https://imgur.com/gallery/38Q62

see link above.

personal account which I have had for years with Optus,

didnt do anything other that go to check my voicemail and it came up with a set up voice mail button and then it worked?? No reset of phone and anything new?

0 Kudos