Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
JBW63
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Visual Voicemail

Wow - such a lame response!

Another Optus Muppet replying - as the chap below said:

Time to create a new undercover agent Optus and scrap this one maybe call it "SameSame"?

The position you say is fundamentally wrong.

Anyone can be released as there is a material omission by Optus contractually in not disclosing that they DO NOT provide visual voicemail, as is par with industry standards. The TIO agrees.

I also posted this on Facebook.

• No Muppets to control genuine humans there!

People – message me & I’ll help you do this – my pleasure!

TOR
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

It's been a year since september 2014 when you let the crew know that users are keen to see this feature....

any update since then?

I see that thousands of people have been reading these posts on the forum about Visual Voicemail for years now and there have been quite a few interesting points made about it.

There is big demand for this feature. Especially from users who ported into Optus from other carriers and are used to using it, only to find that its not supported on Optus yet... 

Is there an upgrade to the voicemail system in the pipeline?

Gen_R
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey Tor - not at this stage. I'll pass it on to the marketing / product development team. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
msprague4
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Ha! Like anyone of the moderators on this forum actaully had the power to inact change! These mods are paid to basically look like Optus gives a care by responding to every few dozen post or so, thats about it.

0 Kudos
TOR
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for taking the time to reply Gen_R.

With respect, I realise your hands may be tied, but this is the same kind of response ive been reading on posts dating back years.

In the mean time, customers have had the technology in their handsets to support Visual Voicemail for half a decade now and there isnt any indication, one way or the other, whether Optus is even considering implementing support for Visual Voicemail.

Surely Optus reviews their service/feature offerings regularly as part of their continuous improvement processes as they must be aware that customers really require this feature. I am aware of other workarounds / features  such as Voice to SMS, Voice to MMS, Surepage all of which have their own usefulness, but Visual Voicemail is now an established mainstream technology for mainstream phones and Optus is a mainstream carrier who’s network feature set is preventing people from using the feature.

msprague4
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Tor mate... I think you're just pissing into the wind here. Jump on their social media sites, make a fuss if you care enough and get them to call you and speak to the social media team personally. Those guys at least have the ear or email address of people who have the email address of people who have the email address of people who could MAYBE influence change in the company. The mods on this site are about 50 levels below and probably outourced by a company in Pakistan.

0 Kudos
TOR
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Im sensing the same reaction from optus and other customers that has been ongoing in this forum for a while now.

... to be expected i suppose... you can't make changes in this world with a forum post.

maybe we should start leaving loads of voice mails for optus about it, then they would have to navigate through all the menus to hear them.

0 Kudos
SamSam
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@msprague4 LOL the mods on here are the same people as those that respond on FB and Twitter. The names match for a whole bunch of them and I'm sure one of the mods would be happy to confirm. Probably shouldn't make assumptions like that...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Raz
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Good callout SamSam! Our Social Media team do moderate a lot of the online presence for Optus including Facebook, Twitter and these forums. Happy to take on any feedback about our services & can assure everyone that we don't prioritise one type of online forum over any other.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
ccj
New Contributor
New Contributor

I too have joined this thread to add emphasis to the lack of this feature..

For those in the professional service industry/have client relations/others who have their phones glued to them for business purposes, this feature IS in fact a deal breaker. We simply do not have time to sit and listen to archaic voicemail prompts which you probably produced in in the 90's. Leading to my next point which everyone has already raised, it is 2015. And next year is 2016.

Optus, everyone's heard your 'we will discuss with our marketing team' response, however, it appears you do not have the budget/time/care/sympathy to impleiment this feature. I'm about to sign on the dotted line with one of your competitors due to your lack of effort on this this topic.

$135 x 24 = $3,240

0 Kudos
Top Contributors