cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor kakkalla
Occasional Contributor

Usage not available

Hi all.

I recently ported my number from Vodafone to Optus. My sim arrived a few days earlier than my iPhone X which I ordered from Optus.

I installed the My Optus app on my iPhone 7 Plus and everything worked well in that I was able to see my usage in the app AND in the widget. However, by Friday afternoon, I was no longer able to see my usage. The error was that "we are experiencing technical difficulties" etc. I left it alone and didn't worry about it.

This morning, my iPhone X arrived so I got that going and installed the My Optus app again. This time, every time I select "Usage" I get the following error: "You’ll need to enter the mobile number of a valid Optus mobile phone service." Needless to say, widget is also not working.

This is weird, as under the menu, the phone number that appears is the correct phone number of my handset. I have also logged into my account via the app without a problem.

I chatted with support for about half an hour and was told that the problem would be escalated and that I would receive an sms with a reference number. I did NOT receive such an SMS. Obviously, the agent just forgot about the problem.

Can anyone help me solve this? I know it is not a big deal but it is infuriating in that it worked for a while and now it doesn't. I am able to see my usage in a browser from my desktop but this defeats the purpose of the app.

I am running iOS 11.2 on an iPhone X 256 GB. And before someone suggests reinstalling the app, restarting the phone, please don't. Have done this 4 times already.

Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Usage not available

When you're trying to get this working are you using wifi or mobile data? Try mobile data if you haven't already.

Also just as a heads up, My Account and the App (same log in) can take a few days to work properly for new customers. It's also a little slow to update details if you ever make changes in the future so chances are it'll just come good on it's own within a few days

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Occasional Contributor

Thanks so much for the suggestions. It has been a very frustrating experience coming to Optus from Vodafone. I’ll give it a couple more days. 

Trying to chat to support is also poor. Waited for 40 minutes with no agent coming online. 

Thanks again for your time in answering me. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Almost a week later and still the same problem. How do I get a solution to this? Does Optus actually help with these posts? If so, where is their help? Apparently, non existent. Sigh. I think it was a mistake leaving Vodafone.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

We'll always jump in if we think we can offer some assistance. We've been a bit under the pump over the past week therefore we haven't had the chance to respond as quickly as we'd have liked to. Have you tried deleting the apps cache? This tends to fix 99% of My Optus app issues. 

1. Open iPhone notes
  2. Type myoptus://clear and then click Done
  3. Click on the link that appears in iPhone notes
  4. Uninstall the My Optus app & restart the phone
  5. Reinstall My Optus app using Mobile DATA only

If you're still experiencing the same issue, we'd be more than happy to help. We can always raise an IT case on your behalf. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your reply. 

I have followed your instructions but unfortunately no link appears after typing the text you suggest. Should there be a prefix before this text?

Thanks again. 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hmm, no prefix is required. I've attempted this myself on an iOs 11 device and you're right. There's no link. We'll try a different way. Try the following steps for us:

• Navigate to your settings Menu
  • Navigate to iPhone storage
  • Scroll down to the My Optus application
  • Delete app
  • Reinstall via the App store.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I did that also once I worked out what your logic was. No luck again. 

The problem has been escalated and I was told I’d have a solution in about 2 days. Sigh. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hmm, send through your details via PM. It sounds like they've already raised a ticket for you. I'm happy to have a scroll through your account notes and confirm whether there's been any action taken. I'll need your full name, DOB and mobile number. 

0 Kudos