Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Jessd522
New Contributor
New Contributor

Update on Iphone x through apple store

I replied in a post the other day about how I gave up waiting for the iphone x and reserved one through the apple store but then it looks like optus blocked my yes crowd account for it so had to create a new one. I was successful, I cancelled my optus order prior to going and walked into the apple store and they set me up with optus and with a phone right there and then. So for the people close to a apple store and dont want to wait any longer for Optus to provide the Iphone x, this is an option for you. Just check the apple store site at 6am for what stock they have available at what stores and it will give you the option to reserve one and pick a time to go in and collect it. 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
NexusQ1
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Update on Iphone x through apple store

unfortunately for me, Optus told me this too late, i have still waiting my iPhone X on 3/11 or 6/11, probably could've cancelled it last week... oh well. Now I am stuck with Optus on this one. Waiting for them to resolve my issue..

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Thanks for the info.

I'd caution customers to confirm their existing order is cancelled first as you don't want to be stuck with two iPhoneXs

FWIW Optus appears to keep putting sales over the customer experience. Their decision to terminate their HFC cable service after only 3 months and put the hard sell on customers a recent case in point. With the iPhoneX Optuas appear to have decided against transparancy and just lock in as many hope orders as people that are willing. Rather than come clean on stock levels and delivery dates (which would give existing and potential customers the informed chance to consider signing up), they've just kept taking orders and ultimately dissapointing a lot of customers.

It seems just bad business to sign their most affluent customers up to a 24 month relationship and kick it off with them feeling taken for a ride!

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Jessd522
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes that is very good advice - Be cautious, I received confirmation that my order was cancelled and then it was confirmed again in the apple store when they were signing me up that it was cancelled. 

I did decide to sign up with optus again through apple, i could have chosen to go with another Telco but there was something pushing me to stick with Optus. I do agree that their lack of transparency and poor sales tactics are quite disturbing but I will definitely be vigilant in dealing with them in the future and assert my rights as a customer to its fullest extent. 

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Optus has its flaws but itsmobile network is not one of them. As long as rural coverage isn't very important then the Optus network is fast and deep and relatively cheap IMO.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Andy231
New Contributor
New Contributor

I agree with this. The plans are decent and I have not had any issues previously with Optus. Like most others, I’m also waiting on my iPhone X. Unlike most others, I realised from the start that there would be stock issues, Apple did not keep this a secret. Some people are losing their minds like their human rights have been infringed upon. It’s only a phone. When there is one for you, they will send it. Calm the fudge down.

0 Kudos
Tejas57
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

i was getting to that point myself yesterday. i was going to cancel my pre-order and reserve one though apple. the only reason i had not done it until now was that i had an apple watch as part of my order.

i was monotoring apples reserve and pick up and was going to just get the phone and the watch later, but after some issues were resolved it looks like i'll have my iPhone X and watch soon

0 Kudos
AnnaGrace
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I'm thinking about doing the same thing to be honest. But did you have to cancel your order 24 hours before getting your phone at the Apple store? I am being told that I wont be able get a phone through Apple till 24 hours after cancellation.

0 Kudos
mubi
New Contributor
New Contributor

I signed up with a plan through optus and added Iphone X in that. now can i cancel my order and reserve one at apple store and attach it to my postpaid plan? there will be any difference?

is it possible that i reserve 1st and then cancel my order?

0 Kudos
Top Contributors