cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor SusanC
New Contributor

Unable to unlock iphone 5

I have a iphone 5 which is off plan and cannot unlock it. As per instructions I have downloaded the current version of iTunes, upgrade to iOS on the phone, done a restore and then a reset (about 6 times) but to no avail. The message I'm getting is that the SIM is not Valid and the phone needs to be unlocked by your carrier (Optus). Can you please help me.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RetiredModerator Meg
RetiredModerator

Re: Unable to unlock iphone 5

Hey SusanC, we don't have network locks on those iPhones. Did you originally get this phone from us on a contract or did you purchase it elsewhere?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor SusanC
New Contributor

The phone was originally from Optus and under a contract.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Meg
RetiredModerator

Ok, if you can chat us the Optus service details we can check the account and make sure no other blocks are in place on the handset. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos