cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mobile Outage Northern NSW has now been resolved 2PM AEDT
New Contributor GregA
New Contributor

Stuck in broken switcher/order process... where do I turn?

Hi there.
Our incorrect iPhone colour delivery was recalled 2 weeks ago and they said they had to get the wrong one back before they could resend (even though it was their mistake), and we'd get the right one in 2 weeks, and marked priority. We online chatted today and they said it's all going fine don't worry about it it'll happen next week for sure, and he would mark it as priority.  

Then we got a call from a kinda local post office, saying they had a package from 2 weeks ago waiting for us. We picked it up (they criticised us for sending it to their address, said that wasn't allowed). It's the incorrect phone from 2 weeks ago. And my wife's iPhone has now disconnected from her previous carrier.

So I need to speak to someone. But I keep getting the "no-one is available, use online support", and the online support doesn't seem to be working anymore either.  Perhaps we just have to open this box and maybe just use it... but that's bound to cause issues in the process too. 

Crappy first experience with Optus. Appreciate anyone's help here.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
New Contributor Chrisbella207
New Contributor

Re: Stuck in broken switcher/order process... where do I turn?

Good luck, there seems to be problems all round I have been waiting since the 28th November 2017 to update a sm card only, they didn't process the order and you have to ring back time & time again to speak to people who lie. My second order placed 28th Dec 2017, still don't know anything, spoke to a guy from aust about 1/2 hour ago and he said be patient it will happen, but you can't believe them, so where does that leave the consumer, up the creek apparently. GOOD LUCK.

0 Kudos
New Contributor GregA
New Contributor

Yes I have to admit I'm a bit concerned. The links on online chat aren't working, and phone calls say "sorry we're busy, use online chat". I've been told to use the app, but the app wants you to have an account first.

Anyway, we've opened the (wrong colour) iPhone and stuck in the SIM and set it up... I figure it'll have to do. We've waited long enough and we're about to go on holidays and want the new phone (better battery and more importantly a much better camera for the casual shots). 

I still don't know how to contact Optus to fix everything in their systems.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@GregA,

I'm more than happy to try and help out with this one. It doesn't sound like things have at all gone according to plan. I just want to make sure that I'm completely across your enquiry.

We've sent you the wrong coloured handset, we've then asked that you return the device back to us and once the device has been scanned in, we'll send out the correct handset?Had we organised the collection kit for this one? I'm just confused as how the handset has arrived back at your local post office. The return kits we send out are prefilled with the address of our warehouse: S

You're more than welcome to send us a PM. We need your full name, DOB and mobile number. You'll just need to click on my YC handle Click on the message tab on my profile page. We'll get back to you as soon as we can.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @Chrisbella207,

I've sent through some details via PM. Feel free to chat with us if you like. 

If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor GregA
New Contributor

Hi Dan
I haven't got any PM from you, very odd. 

Anyhow... yes Optus had sent the wrong coloured handset, but said they could recall it from the post office directly so we didn't have to do anything (or option #2 we could pick it up and they could send a satchel to return it in, but we selected option #1).  Then you would send a new one, but it'd take 2 weeks (and you'd mark it as urgent to make it quicker). I thought it unusual that Optus still had to wait to get it back even though your records would show it was never in our hands, but still in yours/your deliverers.

But on Friday (2.1 weeks later) we chatted with Optus who said it was all going fine. It sounded like the guy was trying to be reassuring but he didn't have much insight into the status. He said he would put "urgent" on it so it'd be quicker. 

Then we got a call from an almost-local post office on Friday saying they had a parcel for us from 2 weeks ago. We looked up where they were and went for a drive. The post office criticised us for having a parcel delivered directly to them, said that wasn't permitted and they'd never had that happen before. We signed for it and took it home - I suspected it was the iPhone from 2 weeks ago but figured if Optus wasn't able to recall it then they might have to get it from us using option #2 anyway.

(There's a bigger story of the stupidity of this delivery process but I'm skipping it here).

We tried to call Optus but once we got through the tree to speak to someone the automated voice apologised and said to use the app, which we tried, but the app requires an account number and we don't have one (yet) and our phone number isn't recognised as an optus number (yet). On another attempt Optus was too busy and it said to use the online chat instead. The online chat links had all stopped working so that wasn't good either. 

Then the current phone and number stopped working, Optus had done the port, though the box was still unopened on our table.

So we gave up. We can't sit there with a disconnected current phone, we want the better camera, so we accepted Optus weren't able to fix the problem and we opened up the package and put the chip in the phone. But we still don't know who to contact or how to tell them to forget it, we give up, we'll take what you've sent. 

We hope it'll sort itself out somehow over time?

Not sure what to do or bother with next. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Casey_

Thanks for the detailed information @GregA, I've just responded to your PM. 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@GregA, I've replied back to your private message. You're welcome to chat with us there Greg. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors