Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Stopping blocked numbers going to voicemail

How can I stop calls from blocked numbers going to voicemail on an iPhone?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Stopping blocked numbers going to voicemail

Hey Pktr0pics,

Just checking if you mean individual numbers you have blocked from your iPhone or private/hidden numbers?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Individual numbers which I have blocked.  One of these is continually calling, and while the call doesn’t sound and there is no record, it does go to voicemail.  This person doesn’t actually leave a message, so my mailbox is full of blank messages, which have to be deleted one by one.  I don’t understand why, if the number is blocked, it still gets through to voicemail?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

If an individual number has been blocked via the handset, the caller should hear a busy signal.

I just tested it and get the same result as you.

Let me ask around to seek an answer to this, it may take a few days.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Should I assume the answer is: No, there is no solution to this problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I'm yet to successfully find someone who knows the fix for this 😔  I'll keep trying.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi @Pktr0pics 

I'm told the fix is you need to clear/disable the diversion to voicemail when busy.

Settings -> Phone -> Call Forwarding -> Forward when busy -> Remove voicemail diversion

Something to do with when the busy tone is triggered for the blocked number this then kicks in the diversion to go to voicemail.
This does mean if you're on a call and a non blocked caller attempts to call you, they won't go to Voicemail. Enabling Call Waiting would be the workaround for this.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors