cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor matt_melbourne
Occasional Contributor

Should I use an Android or iPhone if signing up with Optus?

Is there a preferred device to use with my Optus account? I.e. will iPhones works better on Optus?

Made in Melbourne.
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Should I use an Android or iPhone if signing up with Optus?

Even though my personal preference is for Android you can't go wrong with an iPhone. Chrome over Safari is a personal choice I think. Smiley Happy

Edit: Ever wonder what people are using these days when browsing a website. Well if I look at website stats it's rather surprising. 

stats.jpg

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Are you asking which phone works better on the Optus network or which phone works better with the Optus App.

If the later its much of a muchness. If the former then there can be differences but these are more phone model related than the operating system IME. 

@Yeldarb, Chrome or IOS it is apparently. I was going to post a comment about how browser choice and IQ are linked but found its a hoax I fell for with out ever knowing it. Guess if you tell something they already believe it doesn't need to be true  Smiley Happy

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I do believe Matt is asking what device works best with the Optus account portal. If that is the question then it really isn't a device choice but a browser choice. Many people have suggested Chrome however I think it's a personal preference and the stats suggest it's an even split between the 2 browsers. In the case of an Apple device you can have the best of both worlds by installing Chrome.

Edit: I should also say that if the question pertains to the Optus app then I would suggest Apple over Android.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

My Chrome Browser will no longer log in to Optus MYACCOUNT. Probably cookies or something but rather than clear it all out I've just used IE to log into Optus. When I need to.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Hi

Just to add I use Microsoft Edge across all my devices, iOS Android and windows, and used to have no trouble login in to my account.

Now I have to use an in private tab and as you say @petergdownload can't be bothered having to clear the cookies etc.

Another of Optus's  problems?

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Davelew

I'll shoulder that one - can't complain if you've never complained (or something like that) Smiley Happy

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Am I only the one who's under the impression that @matt_melbourne is asking a broad question here.

I'm reading it as literally, which OS performs better on the Optus Network.

To which I'll say -  they both perform just fine! It's all a matter of preference Smiley Wink 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

@Dan_C

Of course, as ever, you are right.

However, we all got a little distracted and I think for @petergdownload and myself it came down to the fact that the my account login has never been improved to prevent the difficulties login in.

Cheers

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Duly noted! @Davelew

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy