Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

Scam : Christina morrow

[ Edited ]
Jaydeep

Hi is anyone getting messages from Christina Morrow from different numbers everytime

Christina Morrow shared an album with you facebook-photos.su/ChristinaMorrow on Facebook Photos

i get these messages every 2 hours. 

Can optus please stop this stupid thing ? Or anyone can help me out ?

thanks

Re: Scam : Christina morrow

petergdownload

There is essentially nothing you or Optus can do short of maybe changing your number.

Peter Gillespie 

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

By the way it's not Facebook. I don't know what the link does but you are best to take it down as you are only making matters worse by promoting publishing it.

not-faceache.jpg

Jaydeep

I’m not promoting it. I’m having this problem and I’m sure many other people are facing same situation. I know there’s nothing optus can do about it neither do I. But it’s something that cyber department needs to know about these things. And maybe someone can help me out too. 

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

Not having a go at you my friend I just don't like to see these spammers or scammers getting any free publicity indirectly or otherwise.

Solution

Dan_C

I've commented the same on a duplicate thread, but I'll leave this here.

"Our FraudWatch team has actually pick this one up.

We've confirmed that the malicious SMS is not specifically targeting Optus customers.

We're now in the process of having the URL in the SMS removed.

Customers that do click on the link won't have any personal information comprised."

If you do suspect that you've received a malicious SMS, phishing or otherwise.

You can report scams, phishing attempts or other hoaxes to the ACCC's Scamwatch website.  Alternatively, if someone is phishing for your Optus details via email or a malicious link, you can let us know by forwarding the email and its headers to abuse@optusnet.com.au

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Yeldarb

Thanks for that Dan_C and welcome to the 5000 club Smiley Very Happy  

petergdownload

A bit sad that the recognition comes in a Christina Morrow thread (not googling something is modern day empowerment) but seconded @Dan_C

Peter Gillespie

Dan_C

Well look at that! Happy 5000 to me.

Glad to be amongst some of the YC greats. 

Thanks guys Smiley Wink 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Troz

I was at a kids play centre yesterday and overheard another parent with the same issue.  It sounds like this thing is wide spread.

Is there a way for optus to block all msgs that have the very specific text rather than blocking phone numbers? It seems like it's impossible to stop the msgs just by blocking numbers.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
18 Kudos
16 Kudos
15 Kudos
10 Kudos
9 Kudos