cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Repair

So on the 14th of this month I handed my phone into an Optus store for my phone to be sent off and repaired. I received a BASC number and have been tracking it religiously because as you can imagine I can’t wait to have my phone back in good working order. But nothing happened for days. It wasn’t until 5-6 buisness days later that it actually arrived at the reassessment centre. I guess what I’m asking is if that is normal, or if the store didn’t send the device off right away? I felt really unsure parting ways with the phone at the store because the staff member that dealt with my claim didn’t seem all the competent and regularly through the course of filling out my claim form had to ring others  to figure out what to fill out and how to remove my iPhone from Find My IPhone and I also corrected him a number of times with things he’d selected wrong about myself (such as needing a loan phone). I guess after all that I left feeling annoyed but now I’m further annoyed that I could potentially have a delay getting my phone back if he delayed sending it off. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Repair

There probably wasn’t a “delay in store”, remember they have to send it off to the Optus repair centre. This means they are at the mercy of whomever the Optus store used to transport the faulty devices back to the central point.

Not to mention, the repair centre scanning and entering the details too.

ill admit, with Telstra we did a daily express shipment to the repair centre but we were owned by Telstra. Unlike others and Optus stores that are franchises.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Just a little odd that nothing has changed and it’s now the 27th. I would’ve been better off sending it to them myself. I could’ve paid for express and got it to the reassessment centre sooner. It’s super frustrating it’ll be 10 business days tomorrow and it’s still not on it’s way back to the store. Not acceptable considering I was told 5-7 business days. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am having the same issue. Well over 2 weeks and my phone is still being "assessed" after taking a full week to be received at the centre. I was advised 5-7 business days. Optus are unable to provide any update on how long it will take now saying 10-12 business days is more standard. I wouldn't have sent it in under these circumstances. Optus are the ones that choose the provider we don't get a say so they cant point the finger and not claim responsibility for the service. 

How long did it take in the end to have your phone returned. Can safely say I will be cancelling my insurance. Its worthless. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors