Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor AndrewWoodward
New Contributor

Problem with data connections on esim to Apple Music

Hello.

I have been in iPhone hell for two months. I don’t know if it is my Optus eSim in my iPhone XS Max or ios13.

My iPhone is near unusable despite numerous network settings resets, a clean install, a backup install and more.

The problem started with either the esim or iOS 13.

Apple Music sometimes can’t connect to Apple. The CarPlay screen goes black or the artist, station or song icons just flash. I just get a big white screen on iPhone.

The inability to reach where it wants to locks up my whole phone.

Sometimes when I answer calls on my new esim number or older SIM calls, calls cut out when I answer them.

Sometimes, the phone locks up and doesn’t send my correct position (an issue as I am an Uber driver).

All of this is a nightmare for my business.

Thoughts welcome. I run out of ideas.

It just feels like my iPhone is sick or haunted!

Thanks, Andrew

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Problem with data connections on esim to Apple Music

Hi Andrew,

Sounds very frustrating indeed!

The first thing that pops into mind is, sounds obvious but you haven't mentioned it, have you been to (if located near one) an Apple store? They are generally very accommodating.

If not an option, chatting to Apple Support

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor AndrewWoodward
New Contributor

I think we may have a solution.

As a last resort, I went to the Optus store that has the esim QR code’s.

We deleted the phone plan off the phone and reinstalled it with a new QR code.

So far so good.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Ah good thinking, let's hope it stays that way 🙂 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors