Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Smit19
New Contributor

Pre paid sim plans for 35 days

Hi All,

I am trying to understand the pre paid sim plans and being very thick.

If for example the offer says :

UNLIMITED TALK

STANDARD NATIONAL CALLS

UNLIMITED TEXT

STANDARD NATIONAL SMS + MMS

28GB on first three recharges. First three recharges must occur in 90 days of activation. 3GB standard data from 4th recharge

35 Days expiry

All for use in Australia. Optus Fair Go Policy applies.

Do I start off with 28gb when I activate and keep this data all through the 35 days?

I think that if I use up the data,which is highly unlikely,that I recharge an amount and then get the 28gb data back!

Help would be appreciated,

thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Pre paid sim plans for 35 days

So we're on the same page, I'm looking here - https://www.optus.com.au/shop/mobile/prepaid/plans#datatab1

What I can see is an offer for $30 where you'll receive 35GB over 28 days for the first 3 recharges and then 10GB from the fourth recharge on wards. You said 28GB over 35 days so please provide a link if it wasn't just a mistake.

What will happen when you take up this offer is you'll pay $30 to start with and receive 35GB to use. If say on the 27th day you have 30GB left and you recharge with another $30, you'll then have 65GB (35GB + 30GB) to use for another 28 days. As long as you recharge before your expiry date, your data will rollover but if you ever forget and let it expire, you'll lose it all for good. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

NB This is appears to be Coles PrePaid Offer (using Optus) but should work like @SamSam has said. Its only $20 a month though. Data provided reduces to 3Gb a month (for $20) after the 4th month.

A good way to look at it is cost it out over 12 months. As mentioned with bonus data you have to keep recharging every month to keep the rollover. So this plan would give you

35+35+35+3+3+3+3+3+3+3+3+3 = 132Gb
for
$20 x 12 = $140

or about 11 Gb each month for $12 a month

Once you have this number you can compare various plans easily for value.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
New Contributor Smit19
New Contributor

Thanks very much for the answer you have put my mind at rest and fully understand it now.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Smit19
New Contributor

Thanks very much for the answer you have put my mind at rest and fully understand it now.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors