Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

yup, for the iPhone X I waited weeks... This time I waite...

yup, for the iPhone X I waited weeks... This time I waited for the countdown so that I WOULDNT have to wait an eternity again but guess what... I STILL DONT HAVE THE 11 PRO LOL. OPTUS DOESNT EVEN HAVE IT IN THEIR WAREHOUSE YET ITS STILL OUT OF STOCK. "Pre-Order" more like, Order it so we know you want it and we'll get it to you whenever we get the stock. May as well have just waited until it'd died down. 😠 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

just cancel the pre-order and get it from an Apple store

just cancel the pre-order and get it from an Apple store
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Re: yup, for the iPhone X I waited weeks... This time I waite...

Hi @kelly1309 , 

Unfortunately, pre-order doesn't always guarantee that you'll receive the phone on the official launch date. Due to the popularity of the phone, we'll always receive a large number of pre-orders as soon as pre-order goes live. 

In saying that, you'll be right near the top of the back-order queue. You'll receive SMS/email updates until you receive a confirmed shipping notification.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: yup, for the iPhone X I waited weeks... This time I waite...

IMO a pre order should generally guarantee supply availability. The seller is given ample heads up time and can arrange for the exact number of units required to be available on the day. If Optus only has access to say 1000 pre order units max then this should be made clear upfront IMO. When Optus have allocated all of their stock they should definitely make it clear to any one signing up that there will be a known delay 

Consumer Law requires that a reasonable number of an item must be on hand when advertising it. 

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos