cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Pre-order the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone Pro Max from Optus

From 10:00PM AEST on Friday 13th September you can pre-order the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and the iPhone 11 Pro Max online.  

For more details on iPhone go to www.apple.com.au

If you have any questions, please comment below.

0 Kudos
23 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Pre-order the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone Pro Max from Optus

But i want it nowwwww!!!

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Just be sure to double check when Optus are saying they will deliver the phones. The last "pre-order" meant the eager beavers had to wait over a month after everyone else had got the phone, before they got theirs sent out. Smiley Surprised

Peter Gillespie

New Contributor daniilj44
New Contributor

I am currently on a lease plan and am planning to preorder the new iPhone 11. I will have had my contract for 12 months a couple of days after the phone release day, am I able to preorder the phone and do the phone upgrade on the 12 month 'anniversary' a few days later? 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

It was clearly stated on the note 10+5g plan page that it was delivery from 20th September, so I dont know why people are having a hard time grasping that.

Iphone 11 series will start delivering from the 20th of September as per apples announcement. 

Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Paddylee  I agree Optus made the dates involved in the deal quite clear and that Optus has no responsibillity to tell prospective customers that a better deal can be found elsewhere (Caveat Emptor). But I do feel for those that primarily wanted to have the latest soonest, finding out that the deal they signed ensured the exact opposite. Anyway, just something to add to the long list that consumers need to double check on before signing.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@daniilj44 im in a similar position but not on a lease plan.

15th September is my 24 months from my note 8 plan. 

As the phone is nit delivered until 20th September or later the contract starts upon delivery. 

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @daniilj44 ,

Optus has cancelled all lease plans - they all terminate shortly.

Note the $99 upgrade option is not related to the Lease Plans and is available on all plan types. You should talk to an Optus person about your options (throwing in a pre-order is another factor in a complex mix).

But if I was you I would suggest you could just hand your lease phone back to Optus and be done with the contract. You can then just get this new phone free and clear under a standard Optus Plan. Financially you're much better off as you get to keep the phone after 24 months (or you can upgrade it every 12 months like you do no if you still want to)

That's very straight forward with no hoops to jump through.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
New Contributor daniilj44
New Contributor

Hi Peter 

I am aware that Optus is no longer offering lease plans, I knew a new lease contract wasn't an option and I realise not the best option anyway even if it were available. 

Given that I am only 12 months in to my contract I asssume it's not just a matter of handing my phone back and being done with the contract, I presume I am liable for cancellation fees. That is why I planned to 'upgrade' my phone and recontract on a different plan for 24 months. 

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@daniilj44 ,

Always difficult to figure what people know or don't know Smiley Happy Case in point: Optus are cancelling the lease contracts not you. There's no cancellation fee payable in this situation. Optus require the phone to be handed back in the next couple of months (or for you to buy it outright). Either way you walk away, no more to pay.

For you the simplest exit option (assuming you want to stay with Optus and get this iPhone deal) might be just end the lease and get the pre-order as two completely seperate tasks. You will need to select one of the new Optus plans and pricing.

Peter Gillespie