cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor BrookeJohnson17
New Contributor

Pre- Order IPhone X

I’ve never once pre-ordered any devices. 

However knowing the IPhone X was going to be popular, I pre-ordered on Saturday the 28th of October the day pre-order started. 

Upon the release date of 3rd of November, I was told that Optus ran out of stock and I won’t be getting my preordered phone. (A little frustrating) and said they had no clue when the next shipment will be in,

i went into the store I preordered on Saturday 4th of November to find out the stores were given iPhone X’s before the customers preordered orders. Long story however does anyone know when I’d be getting my phone? has anyone else had this issue? I just need some help and Optus team members have told me different things when I contact them. I was excited for my new phone.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Pre- Order IPhone X

Stock is allocated to various parts of Optus each year so the part about the store getting stock first isn't exactly true. Think about it as there being multiple queues to get the same thing (iPhone X). You jumped into the queue for yours via the website where as someone else jumped into the queue via the Optus store in bourke st mall. Just because the person who went to the store got theirs first doesn't mean stores in general did, they just got lucky with their place in their queue.

Either way, long story short is no one can really give you advice. It's down to Apple and when they send more stock and where your place is in the queue at the moment. It'll come when it comes and Optus will email/Text you when it's on its way. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
New Contributor BrookeJohnson17
New Contributor

Thanks for assuming that’s what I meant Sam.

however I preordered mine in store not online. I went back to the exact same store where I preordered and spoke with an Optus staff there that actually informed me I could have received the iPhone x if I had come in store on Friday the 3rd as they had literally 2 people lining up. The Optus staff member also told me they were under the impression all preorders were to be dealt with first and they weren’t as some stores reiceved stock (aka the exact same store I preordered mine from). I’m so disappointed that’s the only comment I get. A text or email when it leaves warehouse. I get that however I’m trying to get an eta or something on when I’d be recieving my phone. I just don’t understand why Optus didn’t allocate all stock to preorder. Then what was left to in store. Optus should have checked the preorder numbers so those customers got them on release date, cause I was under the impression that was the whole point in preordering. I won’t be preordering again that’s for sure. 

Contributor anthonyn
Contributor

Big mistake coming through Optus. 

I ordered mine on the 27th through the online store only 30 minutes after pre orders opened. Optus kept telling me it would be confirmed on days but are now telling me 3 more weeks. Vodafone is way better than Optus.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor JenniferInglis
Occasional Contributor

I ordered mine in store on 29.10.2017 they said it should be available on 03.11.2017 when they get their stock, haven’t heard anything. The man who served me said I was the 3rd in store pre order so I should get one straight away. Still waiting......

0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Hmmm sorry for the assumption. I'm not actually across the in store pre-order process. If it's the same as online then my comments around emails/texts when stock are available still sounds but I get the feeling this is more of an adhoc thing that would be managed by the individual store which means there'd be no automated messages to keep you informed. 

This sounds like it was an inidividuals error (as in the staff member who you spoke to) or at the very least a misunderstanding but that doesn't really help you. Hopefully stock comes in soon and they actually allocate it to you!  

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos