Searching...

Mobile

Possible data usage scam e mails

Phill6446

I recieved a e mail on Saturday saying data usage at 50% then moments late another saying data usage at 85%.  I thought this very strange as im only 7 days in to my new billing cycle. And knowing my usage this was not normal.

So i logged on to the OPTUS webiste and looked at what they call my dash board with all my details on it. And there it said i was at only 40 % usage.

So i called OPTUS and they looked on my details and comfirmed the same 40% usage, but then its what the man at the OPTUS center said next that got me thinking. 

He said the last time we sent out an alert e mail was the 27th of last month ! So what & who sent me those two other e mails  stating the 85% usage ???

Re: Possible data usage scam e mails

Yeldarb

That is very strange and not a scam that i have seen not that I see all of them. Did you check the online usage again the next day to see if the data usage had caught up with what the email messages were reporting? I cant see any point in sending a scam email message unless they wanted you to click on something or take some further action.

Phill6446

Yes i checked the Saturday when  i recievd the e mail & i logged on to the dash board again  today when i called OPTUS. It had then gone to 43% - last updated a few minutes before i was logged in ! 

Strange.

Yeldarb

Hmm unless you know how to read mail headers you might have to put that one down as an error somewhere in the data reporting system.

https://www.howtogeek.com/108205/htg-explains-what-can-you-find-in-an-email-header/

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
9 Kudos
7 Kudos
5 Kudos
4 Kudos
3 Kudos