cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor Roebuck
Occasional Contributor

Poor Customer Service

Has anyone else suffered throught the poor ( read = non existent) OPTUS Customer service. Especially from the overseas call centre operators.

Last friday , following an unsolicited email from OPTUS I tried to purchase an Ipad on line. I am a current OPTUS customer with amy current iphone plan and have been an OPTUS Customer on and off for over 15 years.

Despite this I received a request for further identity documents. I rang and spoke to an operator who stated that this was unusual.

I won't bore you all with the tedious details but 6 days later, having spoken to 9 different people on 4 different days who all gave me different stories. A couple said my order was approved, one told me it had been shipped, several told me it was still with the credit department. Sometimes these stories chnaged within 30 minutes of one another.

2 operators were unable to even find my order despite being given an order number and my full details ( I have a very distinctive surname). 2 just hung up on me.With 30 minute wait times and several call drop outs, I wasted hours of time this week trying to get 'customer support'. Frustrated I cancelled the order and received a confirmation email to say my order was canclled because

"I  had not provided he information requested" which is blatently untrue. I've detailed all this in a writtdn complaint to OPTUS but I'm not even hopeful of a reply.

Having wasted hours or time, I'm off into town to the Telstra shop to obtain a new Ipad, which should take about 30 minutes.

I wonder if this is a planned OPTUS policy to dissuade customers from the cheaper products which would not have a high profit margin. I onder how OPTUS make money. Somehow I doubt if this post will stay up for long. It's hard to adequately state how poorly I view the company and their so called service.

4 Replies
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Re: Poor Customer Service

Hey @Roebuck, I can see Dan has offered assistance via this thread. Please feel free to send through your details for us to assist with this one.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Roebuck
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the offer. I have replied by PM to Dan. Sadly the damage is done. I spent too many hours on the phone as it is, trying to sort out this issue. As Dan quite rightly commented " it shouldn't be this difficult".

If this is the way the initial order was handled I hate to think what the rest of the service will be like.

On friday I walked into a Telstra Shop and less than 30 minutes later I walked out with a new Ipad. Sorted. They didn't even do a credit check on me.

God knows why Optus held the order for 6 days pending  credit clearance

0 Kudos
Moderator Tris

I'm really sorry, we let you down. The activation experience is normally really simple. Please let me know if there's anything else you need

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor PeteMac
New Contributor

Their overseas based people are garbage!! I’m moving across from Virgin, who are closing down, and got person after person who had no clue as to what they were doing!

I offered up a temporary order number 4 times on a call, but the girl kept asking for phone number, dob, name spelled correctly. After 10 minutes I stopped her and said, I am going to ask a question and this is a simple yes or no answer. Can you access temporary order numbers? She replied “No”. SMH!!!!

I did get Aussie Simon (proper aussie) and sorted out in 15 mins what took me more that three hours trying to explain to people in the Philippines

0 Kudos