Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor Billystorm
New Contributor

Phone unlock

Hi guys,

I have just sent through a second phone form message as per your instructions but was wondering whether you could assist in fast tracking the unlock so that I can be back in touch with my partner on the Gold Coast. Being stranded on Christmas Island with only Telstra coverage available the phone I was gifted is unusable.

Please see below...

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is a second follow up message regarding the unlocking of an iPhone 4 that was gifted to me from a friend Andrew ******.

Phone contact details are as follows...
IMEI: 01275200561****
ICCID: 896102340954904****
phone number:+6140278****
16gb capacity
**** for privacy ****
As I am currently away from the mainland for work on Christmas Island (Telstra coverage only) and there are no phone stores on the island it is imperative that I get the phone unlocked ASAP so I can have communication with my partner back home on the Gold Coast.

Andrew tried the online unlock but it said unavailable and also advised he tried calling the number twice but it took too long so he gave up.

If you could be of assistance in unlocking the phone it would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Chris
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
RetiredModerator Esther
RetiredModerator

Re: Phone unlock

Hey Chris, can confirm we've received your details and a member of team is currently looking into this for you 🙂

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

New Contributor

Thanks for the update Esther, I received a text reply from Craig advising it had been auctioned but upon trying a reset this morning the other sim is still not useable.

Can you please ask them to verify/ that it has now been unlocked and when I should attempt to restore the phone again.

Thanks for you assistance
0 Kudos
New Contributor

*actioned
0 Kudos
New Contributor

Should it be restored with the alternate sim I wish to use or no sim at all? Does this matter?
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Esther
RetiredModerator

Hey Chris,

how did it all go?

Should be all good to go 🙂 Doesn't matter which SIM you use for the restore, but definitely needs a full restoral.

Send me a PM if you still having probs 🙂

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Meemee55
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I bought pre paid phone (Optus X Sleek) from Optus store after confirming I can unlock it by paying extra $80 online if I want to use it with Vodafone sim.

It's not working online nor none of customer service agents can help me in last 3 weeks.

Can anyone from Crowd member help?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Moderator Tris

Hi @Meemee55 so you're having trouble submitting a request here? What have you been advised by the Customer Service team? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Meemee55
Occasional Contributor

I was asked to wait since the customer service team member contacted their back end team? but did not hear for 3 weeks.

0 Kudos
Moderator Tris

Sounds like they're waiting for an unlock code. It can take some time. I'd suggest speaking with our Live Chat crew to check if there's been any updates. Sorry you've not heard back

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos