Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Phone number

MelHoppy

Help!! Long story short - I’ve set up a new WiFi broadband today and now my iPhone number has completely disappeared and replaced in my Apple ID as a number I do not even know. It’s not my new WiFi number either. The only thing I can think of is the Optus rep today was using my phone to show me the modem works.. I’ve tried to change my correct number back but if I’m not getting calls or texts on my number then I can’t receive the sms code to confirm the reset/add back my original number. I’m very frustrated 

Re: Phone number

Jeneral__Pain

I don't understand what you mean, iPhone for "WiFi calling" still uses your regular cellular phone number not anything else including Apple ID. 

I'm assuming when you say "WiFi number" you mean a number that starts 04XX XXX XXX?

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
9 Kudos
7 Kudos
4 Kudos
4 Kudos
3 Kudos