Searching...

Mobile

Re: Phone not ringing going straight to voicemail

tnew

That's really helpful. Thanks. Prob doesn't solve the problem as wife will not want to move. I wonder how others call her and give up.

Laine

Hi Toomey, 

Thanks for your message, I have beeen meaning to get back to this sooner with the good news. I sent a letter to Optus' Customer Service in South Australia (reg post) but didn't hear back, so lodged a complaint with the TIO. TIO contacted Optus and gave them a deadline to contact me, this deadline passed and took one more update to TIO and then OPTUS called me and offered me a refund of 50% of what I paid. I accepted immediately as I just wanted it over and was starting to think I was not going to get anything back anyway! So anything was a bonus.  Having said that, the customer service lady that called was very pleasant and quick and did not try to cross examine me over every little episode or make excuses as to why it took so long to get a solution and waste my time even more. So was happy with this call from Optus at least and felt they had redeemed themselves slightly! Smiley Happy. By the time I heard from Optus I had started a new service with Telstra anyway and have not had this issue since. Optus may be great in metropolitan areas but I probably would not chance them again in smaller towns. Thanks  to everyone as well for the suggestions!

Tris

Thanks for the update @Laine, I'm sorry the experience with the network and getting a hand wasn't the best. I'm glad your case manager could help with addressing your concerns and come to an arrangement you were happy with. Good luck with everything, we're here if you need anything else

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Frangutz

I know this is an old post, but just wondering if anybody has a solution? I just brought my wife's iphone over to optus 3 months ago and she is experiencing this issue (I have been with optus for 3 years without issue). Obviously she is not happy :-)

F.

Marie

Sorry to hear that @Frangutz Smiley Sad 

Has she spoken with our 24/7 Tech team via the My Optus App to have this investigated further?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Frangutz

Hi. Yes we did. At this stage they asked me to change her settings to be 3G and see what happens. Hi have to work out how to do that on the iphone today so i can test this week.

F.

Marie

No worries @Frangutz,

This can be changed by going into the phones settings and mobile data setting.

You can check out the iPhone user guide here if you're still needing a hand.

Solution

cooee123

This worked on iphone 7- 

settings, mobile data, mobile data options, enable4g, voice & data.

Frangutz

Hi. I changed the settings in the phone so that it is now 3G (not sure how that helps the phone ringing, but i did it anyhow). Still having issues that the phone just sits there - and no calls come through. 

Set up voice mail for it now - so that means people can leave a message - but still doesn't solve the issue that the phone wont ring from time to time.

Is it possible to install and optus tweaked firmware for the iphone or are there any settings to check on the phone as is?

I've read that the issue is from non optus callers calling optus - but my question is why does it happen on wife's phone and not mine!?

Any other suggestions?

Re: Phone not ringing going straight to voicemail - SOLVED!

Frangutz

Unbelievable... Finally I think I have solved the issue with the mysterious random calls rings on my wife's iPhone.

After going through every setting, I found that one setting was set to on - DO NOT DISTURB.

I also saw that "SILENCE WHEN IPHONE IS LOCKED" was set.

I also saw that "ALLOW CALLS FROM FAVOURITES" was set on.

I also saw that "REPEATED CALLS" was set to on (allow calls to come through if same caller calls within 3 minutes).

So the unexplainable and random calls that were getting through was because:

1. Those that got through were on her favourites list; OR

2. Those that got through happened to be when the screen was not locked; OR

3. Those that got through happened to try a second time immediately....

So there you go! If you have an iPhone, and you have a little moon symbol at the top right of your screen, you can bet that the reason why calls are not getting through is because you have a combination of "do not disturb" features set to on....

Well, after my testing tonight, i believe this is the fix :-)

Good luck to anybody else that may be having this issue (I'll let you know if the problem does end up persisting).

F.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
14 Kudos
6 Kudos
5 Kudos
5 Kudos
4 Kudos