Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Personal hot spot tethering from iphone 7 postpaid

Im on the $130 per month plan. If i allow someone to connect their prepaid mobile phone to use my hotspot and they subscribe to a “service” while connected, is it possible for ME to be charged with the subscription costs to my phone bill?? And is it also possible for the “confirmation” txt from that ‘service’ to be sent to my mobile number instead of the person tethered to my hotspot even if they subscribe without me knowing??

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Personal hot spot tethering from iphone 7 postpaid

Hi there,

You're affectivally only supplying a wifi connection to the internet.. For means if subscriptions further detailed information is required I.e. Mobile phone number (and access for confirmation) ITunes, Netflix, Stan ect password and credit cards .. I guess if this someone (friend or family) and I hope not a random knows your details and has access to the necessary information then connects to said services, sure but it would be a fraudulent act that's illegal and down right nasty.

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors