Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
MrsBeach
New Contributor
New Contributor

Pairing Apple Watch 3. Watch not recognising SIM

My new watch wont coonect to my Optus mobile phone. Phone says its connected. Watch says there is no sim. Data has been activated and checked by an optus rep in store. Suggestions?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: Pairing Apple Watch 3. Watch not recognising SIM

@MrsBeach, if possible i'd try send us a message via the My Optus app.

Am I right in saying that you had an existing number share profile prior to purchasing the new Apple Watch? 

I'm unsure if our retail agents have the right access level, but your existing number share profile will need to be deactivated.

Once that's done, you'll just need to go in and follow the standard pairing process. We're working on a way to allow customers to do this from the My Optus app. but until then; it's something that only an agent can do for you. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
MrsBeach
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Pairing Apple Watch 3. Watch not recognising SIM

Thanks, in the end, I was able to do it via chat with one of the reps. Unfortunately what we thought was fixed with a store visit had to be redone.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors