Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor Piemanzzz
New Contributor

Optus sport Apple 4k

Has anyone had any experience with the new Apple TV 4K and the Optus Sport app.

Specifically, does it improve the quality, refresh rate,

Some games are practically unwatchable.

Cheers,

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Re: Optus sport Apple 4k

Sorry to hear you've had a bad viewing experience. Have you tried changing your refresh rate? I know this is recommended for Chromecast users so if Apple TV gives you the option, it may be worth trying?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor DUB13
New Contributor

Sorry to disappoint you...but it is very average.

I’m using the new Apple TV 4K.

If I compare the streaming quality with NBA league pass...you can see how poor the Optus sport quality is.

It’s jittery, and not sharp at all. Very hard to watch. If there was another option for me to watch the premier league, I would do it.

They really need to make some changes to make this better. Considering the games are being broadcast in 4K in the UK. We should at least be able to get a quality full HD stream.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Piemanzzz
New Contributor

Thank you,

Perhaps we could get the league players to slow down!!!

Let’s hope there is a solution eventually. 

Premier League in 4K would be amazing. 

Cheers.

0 Kudos
New Contributor DUB13
New Contributor

Just a good quality full HD 1080p stream would be a starting point. Right now it is almost unwatchable.

its ok if you are only watching on a smartphone, but that’s not good enough.

0 Kudos
Moderator Marie

I'll certainly pass your feedback on to our Optus Sports team @DUB13 and @Piemanzzz.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors