cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Wassupyo
New Contributor

Optus number share problem

I recently purchased the new iPhone XR, and had optus number share for my Apple Watch 4 with previous phone But when I restored my new phone and Watch, everything was erased and I had to start everything up from scratch again. Whilst I was setting it up, when I got to the mobile page, when I tried to activate it it said that the service was already active and didn’t give me another option “Managing your service
Optus Number Share is currently active.
If you wish to manage Optus Number Share, please call Customer care on 133 937. A service representative will be able to assist you.
Thank you.”
Can you please deactivate it and re-activate the number share for my account so I can use my watch with cellar data without a phone? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Optus number share problem

You need to speak to Optus via chat or phone to have the number share removed.

Wiping/Resetting does not remove it from the Optus end.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
New Contributor Wassupyo
New Contributor

Re: Optus number share problem

I got it sorted via online chat by deactivate and re-activating number sharing. Thanks.
0 Kudos