Searching...

Mobile

Optus is dead to me

sophie19

Seriously so disgusted with this company at the moment.  I preordered the iPhone X and recieved my temporary order number 9 minutes after preorders opened, awesome thought all was good, then on the 30th I recieved my order confirmation, and it was wrong, it signed me up for a leasing plan rather than the normal own a phone plan, ok no worries just a little hiccup, I give the sales team a call and the girl tells me it's no problem, they'll fix it and I wont lose my place in the cue, ETA is still 03/11, cool.  Anyway I recieve another email confirming the changes made to my contract, but this time they havent added the insurance, now I'm getting annoyed but I leave it and figure I'll call and sort it another day.  Now comes the 3rd, I can't track the phone and optus tells me it's definitely being delivered on the 6th, 100%.  OK awesome I can wait the weekend, in the meantime I sell my iphone in prepartion to pay my contract out (once again because optus neglected to tell me I could not do the trade online).  But that's fine I can go a day without an iphone.  The 6th comes around, again NO BLOODY PHONE, I call they tell me 100% on the 9th; whatever.  It is now the 9th and after speaking with multiple people each day both online and on the phone I finally get a guy on the phone who doesnt read off a script and actually spends time looking through and seems to be telling it straight.  As it turns out the change of contract did push me back onto the que and that the warehouse has NO iphone X's and literally NO idea when they will get them.  In the meantime I'm left using a piece of crap phone while paying $150 month for things I can't use all because Optus chose to mislead me and be shady as f***!! So after 10 years (more like 20 if we count my prepaid days) I'm ready to walk away and cancel my order. The customer service is awful, the online chat service is a joke and the staff are undertrained and unhelpful.  

Re: Optus is dead to me

BMW_X3

My bad experience with Optus so far:

27/10 - pre-ordered within first 5 minutes, within half an hour received confirmation email with an obsolutely useless temporary order number.

31/10 - Received email from Transact-CreditAssessments@optus.com.au for ID verification which i responded in 22 minutes.

3/11 - Visited Optus store Bourke Street, got told delivery date on 6/11.

6/11 - NOTHING!

8/11 - Got told delivery date on 10/11 

9/11 - Got told delivery date on 13/11

As you guys can see, lies after lies after lies by Optus!

I am absolutely sick of Optus, should have sticked with Telstra which i have been using for more than 3 years already!

I am seriously thinking of cancelling my order with Optus and go back to Telstra. I rather wait for another month or 2 then listening to lies after lies! 

petergdownload

Apple had had 3 million iPhoneX on its launch date.

The US has 90 million iPhone users

Do the maths

Regards

Peter Gillespie

sophie19

Look I'm fine with the shortage, waiting is a minor inconvenience but I'm not an infant I can deal.  What has got me is the blatent lying, the non-existent communication from optus and the withholding of information.  If they had told me straight from the start or even from the 3rd that this was the case I would have been fine with it, I would not have sold my iphone 7 for a few more weeks and accepted the wait.  But no, they lied to me multiple times and as a result I'm left out of pocket for a service I cant use and I have wasted hours upon hours of my life being lied to to and strung along by Optus staff.  It's ridiculous

petergdownload

Agreed. I'm not sure its lying, but the communication process leaves a lot to be desired at times. Sometimes its just customer service people trying to provide a positive answer without any actual control over the process. Other times its what the system is no doubt telling them but then other factors fail. In the case of the iPhoneX it possibly comes close to bait selling (where you have very little stock but pretend otherwise to lock in a sale). I don't think Optus is alone in doing this.

Its unfortunate that something that shold be building a great customer experience and win win for both sides is instead such a disappointment for prospective customers.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

BMW_X3

Guys i just got the following update from OPTUS chat:

"the order has already left warehouse and you can expect delivery of the order by today or tomorrow morning" 

Apparently tomorrow is Saturday so hopefully i will get it by today if not Monday.

When i ask where is the warehouse they said Sdyney Melbourne......

BMW_X3

Hi Guys,

I am pleased so share with you that i've just received my iPhone X! I am so excited!

FYI, Optus promised us they will send us sms and email once our order has been dispatched from warehouse - that didn't happen to me!

My order status still showing: 

09/11 - 14:07 - Your order has been sent to our warehouse for packaging

Anyway good luck with your order guys!

sophie19

you are sooooo lucky!! I'm still trying to find out what is happening with mine Smiley Sad so over it now.  Hopefully i get mine next week!

Ethan21

IM so done with Optus after this experience. 

27/10: ordered the iPhone X received confirmation moments later. 

31/10: receive an email regarding my order and to get in contact which I did and was told everything is all good. 

9/11: receive an order number confirming my order was placed, how the hell does it take two weeks to process an order? 

After numerous times back and fourth with people on the phone being told “3-5 days til delivery” or “it’s in the ware house just awaiting allocation to you” 

21/11: house mates received IPhone X after ordering on the 11/11 and only waiting 10 days!!!

22/11: on the phone to an Optus agent, told that I hadn’t ordered until the 9th cause that’s when they processed my order that I had been placed back at the bottom of the queue again, also told again in warehouse awaiting allocation. To then be transferred to a different person to be told they have no idea when it will delivered. Now awaiting a call from above agents “supervisor”. 

Safe to say this experience has been appalling and I’ll never be recommending Optus to anyone again, which is a shame cause I’ve never had a problem til this time. 

The lack of customer service and consistency in what I’m being told is disgusting. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
21 Kudos
18 Kudos
18 Kudos
9 Kudos
9 Kudos