Searching...

Mobile

Re: Optus iPad orders not being processed :(

Pud

Hi All,

Just a note to say I fianlly did receieve my Ipad 128Gb in the post after (only!!) 19 days since ordering.
It was then another saga to have the SIM activated which has taken me another 4 days.

According to the Optus Support Rep (Another call or two and another 30 mins wait time)  new users can not activate their SIM online contrary to the email advice, as the new system does not regonise the 7 digit order number !!!.
All new SIM activations have to be do via a call to the Support Centre ...

What a Saga!.
But after (only!) 23 days I do now have an Ipad and an activated Data SIM

Phew!  Thanks to Yes Crowd moderators including Dan C seem the only way to push these orders through.

(No apology or first month refund though even though I had to extend another month with my old carrier which I will not use)

Re: Optus iPad orders not being processed :(

Pud

Hi All,

Just a note to say I fianlly did receieve my Ipad 128Gb in the post after (only!!) 19 days since ordering.
It was then another saga to have the SIM activated which has taken me another 4 days.

According to the Optus Support Rep (Another call or two and another 30 mins wait time)  new users can not activate their SIM online contrary to the email advice, as the new system does not regonise the 7 digit order number !!!.

What a Saga!.
But after (only!) 23 days I do now have an Ipad and an activated Data SIM

Phew!  Thanks to Yes Crowd moderators including Dan C seem the only way to push these orders through.

(No apology or first month refund though even though I had to extend another month with my old carrier which I will not use)

Highlighted

Re: Is Optus support always this bad?

Pud

Hi All,

Just a note to say I fianlly did receieve my Ipad 128Gb in the post after (only!!) 20 days since ordering.
It was then another saga to have the SIM activated which has taken me another 3 days.

According to the Optus Support Rep (Another call or two and another 30 mins wait time)  new users can not activate their SIM online contrary to the email advice, as the new system does not and can not regonise the 7 digit order number !!!.

What a Saga!.
But after (only!) 23 days I do now have an Ipad and an activated Data SIM.
So much for the "order by 1pm and we will have the iPad delivered to you the next day"  as advertised online !!

New customers  have to be aware that you will have to reset your expectations of delivery times (allow 3-4 weeks) and ability to contact customer support to find out what's going on.
(No apology or first month refund from Optus even though I had to wait three weeks and extend in another month with my old carrier most of which I will not use)

Thanks to Yes Crowd moderators including Dan C and Marie seem the only way to push these orders through.
Phew!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
13 Kudos
6 Kudos
5 Kudos
5 Kudos
4 Kudos