Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Optus iPad orders not being processed :(

sarcasticgirl

Hi inefficient Optus Team,

I'm writing in regards to the issue I have been facing with my Optus order for iPad Pro plan as I have not been getting any updates. Your useless phone support (which says there is a wait time of 2.5 hours and call may not be answered) and Live Chat (which always says too busy and it may not be attended) is not helpful and there is no way for me to get an update. I initially placed an order on 20th December but had to cancelled the order as there was no progress and two separate Optus teams were giving me false information. One team was saying it is all processing fine while other team was saying even Credit Check hasn't been done. I cancelled the order thinking Optus has stuffed up the processing of that order and placed a new order on 26th December. Today is 4th Jan and still there is no update or whereabouts of my order. Can someone help me urgently or do you expect me to escalate this issue to various departments and divisions as may be Optus just works that way and it cannot do anything without escalations. If my order is not processed by this week, I will cancel this order again and I will be more than happy to walk away and sign up with other ISP who processes the order on same day.

Please consider getting back to me,

Re: Optus iPad orders not being processed :(

kel08

save yourself the pain, and cancel now and choose a much better provider.

Optus have tried to scam me out of money with my Ipad through them and I an not wait to be out of this contract so I can leave.

Their customer service is terrible 

sarcasticgirl

Inefficient Optus Team,

I thought someone would get back to me and provide me with an update but you are soo good it is easy to predict you and your work. This is just to let you know that I'm going to officially lodge a complain with TIO in couple of hours with all the details and chat history I have so you guys have 2 hours of time to get your things together and get my order processed. I have seen other user's chats where their orders have been processed in just 2 days when ordered on 2nd Jan only. This is just absolute joke. Be prepared for some legal action if no update provided in next 2 hours.

Dan_C

Hey @sarcasticgirl,

We're always happy to help out from our end but we're not always available to respond right away. This is a community forum not a live chat service. Never the less, if you'd like to send us a PM with your account details, we'll check this one out for you. Did you have a temporary order reference number or had we given you a confirmed 7 digit reference number? We need your full name, DOB and order number. We'll get back to you as soon as we can. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

sarcasticgirl

Hi Dan_C,

Thank you for your message and optiong to help out. I have managed to fight with Optus team and get my Credit Assessment and Order approved. Hope my order will be processed asap and it will be delivered as that is what has been told. I will reach out to you if I have to further escalate this.

I understand this is not the online chat service but most of the customers have to come here and put their complaints as your support system (Phone and Chat) has been continuously incompetent and not helpful at all so there has to be some medium for people to get their voices heard. It's great that atleast the voices are heard through this medium after 2 days though.

Thanks

Dan_C

I get that, I think it's normal to become a bit antsy when you've been waiting much longer than expected to simply receive a confirmation. If you do need us to follow up on anything, you're always welcome to send us a message. Fingers crossed we get the iPad out to you shortly. I hope you've had a great weekend Smiley Happy

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Pud

How oh how on earth did you manage to get through to the Credit Assessment team to find out the status of your order and what needed to be done to progress it.

I have escalated twice within Optus who have said 'they will send an email to the team concerned and expect a call within 24 hours.
Days have passed by no contact even though'escalated' by Yes Crowd moderators and talking to a customer support repo via 'special' contact numbers arranged within Optus Shop store. 
They are helpless to progress or even find out the status or reason for order not progressing other than saying ... 'it is with our back office team who will contact you'.
Haven't heard boo from them in 7 days now. 

kel08

It’s terrible how long it takes to get through to a customer setvice person to have them not actually be able to help you.

They often couldn’t/wouldn’t help me either.

If you can cancel your order go with someone else.

sarcasticgirl

I agree to kel08 here as I did exactly the same. I had placed an order earlier but nothing happened for 12 days without any updates and Optus support team was not being responsive at all, and on top of that two different agents provided two different updates and they lied to me. I was so over it that I cancelled that order and placed a new order. There was again no update for the new order and their online system says iPad in stock and ready to be delivered. I kept contacting the support calling the phone but I never managed to speak to anyone but managed to get hold of online chat couple of times and I told them I will be lodging an official complaint with TIO if they are not processing the order by weekend. I think everyone should lodge a complain with TIO as that's when Optus may realise what is going wrong from their side and how customers are being affected due to their inefficiency.

sarcasticgirl

Inefficient Optus Team,

Can someone please explain why dispatching of the order is taking this long when Credit Assessment was done 3 days ago? I have yet not received any notification of shipment and when checked with Live Chat, your 0 knowledge agents tells us there is no stock but when you go to Optus site to order a new iPad, it has stock and says ready for delivery in 1-3 days, so please explain that. Are you guys seriously competent enough to process the orders at all or you need whole freaking month or even more to get it processed? Even manually processing the order will never take this long. I think everyone should just go ahead and cancel all the orders and give it back to Optus as their agents and even CEO can get plenty of time to calculate on the total loses on the basis of cancelled orders. This is seriously just not acceptable. Wake up!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
9 Kudos
7 Kudos
5 Kudos
4 Kudos
3 Kudos