cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Jack_YC

Re: Optus has launched Visual Voicemail!

Hey @Sootsie, not great to see you're experiencing this issue setting up visual voicemail on your new iPhone. 

For more info, I recommend checking our How to add or remove Visual Voicemail guide. If you still require further assistance after checking that out, please send us a message via our Facebook or Twitter pages. We'll then be able to verify your account details and help out from there. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Johno42
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@Unchained_Pat wrote:
Transcription as stated on that link:

Voicemail transcription (beta; available only in certain regions)

AKA not here

I believe that it is important that the information provided on this platform is correct.

When you say "AKA not here" in respect to the regional availability of transcription services this is may mislead readers to believe that it is not available in the Australian region.

This is not the case.

Here in the Australia other providers do offer access to the transcription component of Visual Voicemail. For example TPG provide the service as can be seen on this page.

The limitation of the transcription service is not a function of a regional restriction by Apple preventing Optus from delivering the service. The logical conclusion is that Optus chose not to offer it for whatever business reason that drove the decision.

For many who are interested in Visual Voicemail the transcription feature is significant especially business users and those who have hearing difficulties or wish to check messages in noisy environments. Limiting the service to not provide access to this functionality reduces the usability significantly.

Optus is free to make the business decisions, but I believe that they should inform the public that support for Visual Voicemail is only partial and does not include the transcription component of the service.

@Dan_C @Tina_YC It may be worthwhile updating the original post in this thread to ensure that people do not make decisions based on incomplete or partial information.

0 Kudos
Susylee
New Contributor
New Contributor

Why always iPhone first or only you have huge Android users it's really not fair
0 Kudos
User_380
New Contributor
New Contributor

Why is it that a caller has to enter the whole phone number again once they have already entered it to call you, just to be able to leave a voicemail if Visual Voicemail is enabled?  

And why doesn't the Optus support team not know about this feature which you are offering?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Casey_YC

Hi there @User_380

Thanks for your question. 

Do you mean they have to enter it again after a message advising them to do so? 

I just want to clarify where this is needing to be entered, to address your concern. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
User_380
New Contributor
New Contributor

@Casey_YC  Yes, when a call is unanswered the caller hears a prompt and is required to enter the phone number of the voicemail box instead of the call being automatically routed to the recipient's voicemail like other ISP providers do and like the legacy voicemail did which you have now removed. 

This is difficult when calls are forwarded from another number and the caller enters the wrong phone number. 

0 Kudos
Ness_YC

Thank you for providing further detail @User_380. I can see where you are coming from and I have emailed our Mobile and Content Team for further clarification. I have also marked this post as feedback for the relevant teams to review. 

In the meantime, if you like to turn Visual Voicemail off, our Messaging Team is available 24/7 via the My Optus App to assist. 

User_380
New Contributor
New Contributor

@Ness_YC  Optus support team told me this is not possible but a case manager has now enabled it correctly for me where the call is directed to the correct voicemail without the need of entering a number.  Optus may want to train the lower-level support representative on the correct way of implementation. 

0 Kudos
Ness_YC

Sorry for the confusion, @User_380. I'm glad that your Case Manager was able to change the configuration for you. I have marked this as feedback so that we can utilise this to improve upon our services in future. Have an amazing weekend!

Soldier
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Great! Finally! I’ve been waiting for this since moving from T.

Now to just get the chat team to know what it is ...
0 Kudos
Top Contributors