cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Nard_YC

Re: Optus has launched Visual Voicemail!

Hi there, @Erwannv

I can confirm that Visual Voicemail is also available to iPhones obtained outside from Optus. 

The only requirements for Visual Voicemail is:
- You're on a Postpaid plan (not available on prepaid)
- You're running an iPhone with iOS version 9.1 or later.

It seems you were provided with the wrong information. I've tagged this as feedback for relevant teams to review to improve customer experience. 

If you send through a PM on our Official Optus Facebook page or Twitter page, the team can have a look at adding this feature on for you. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Johno42
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@Tina_YC 

To clarify... I am not looking to use Visual Voicemail with any other Optus products.

The transcription service is a component of iOS Visual Voicemail, it is not a separate product from Optus.

I understand that I cannot use Voice2text with Visual Voicemail. I do not want to use the Voice2text service at all. I had hoped that all components of Visual Voicemail would be available.

Unfortunately on my phone which is running a version of iOS that supports the transcription service provided as part of the Apple iPhone the feature is not working.

What I am looking for is clarification if Optus has enabled that component of Visual Voicemail, or if it is being blocked or not provided as part of their "launch". As if it is meant to be working then I have to go and trouble shoot my phone to see if it is a problem there, but I don't want to waste hours if in fact it is not supported via Optus.

@Erwannv 

I am using an iPhone that was purchased outright from an apple store so the information you were provided via chat appears to be incorrect.

Visual Voicemail was enabled via Chat on two of my phones this morning via chat. 

There is a requirement that the phones are on a post paid individual or business account, the announcement was silent on Pre-Paid which may be the issue.

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

As long as you're on an Optus Postpaid mobile plan, you can absolutely add Visual Voicemail. There is no requirement that you purchase the iPhone from Optus. 

At this time, Visual Voicemail is not available on Optus Prepaid plans. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Unchained_Pat
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Transcription as stated on that link:

Voicemail transcription (beta; available only in certain regions)

AKA not here
0 Kudos
Tina_YC

We're sorry for all the confusion here, @Johno42. I've had a quick discussion with my team leader and I'm afraid we don't support Voicemail transcription. Thank you for your input, @Unchained_Pat

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Erwannv
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Nard_YC, it definitely helped, and I can confirm this is working now 🙂
Kartika

Glad to hear that @Erwannv and thanks for being a part of the Yes Crowd community. Till then stay safe. Kartik 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
DFromACT
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for adding Visual Voicemail Optus, i have been waiting years for this feature after having it on Telstra

Unfortunately, when i called to add it to my account this morning, i was told it can't be added at the moment due to a pending iPhone 12 Pro order that i have been waiting for since the 30/10,
Long story short after wasting 2 hours of my day on the phone to your (lack-of) "support" teams i am now no longer waiting for an iPhone because this order has been cancelled (Without my authorisation) so i have lost approximately 6 weeks and 2 hours of my time because i am no longer in the queue for the new iPhone 12. My problem still isn't resolved, apparently it can't be over the phone so now i need to find more time to go into an Optus store to try and resolve the problems. 
So, No visual voicemail for me, No new iPhone for me and 2 hours out of my day dead!

0 Kudos
Kartika

Really sorry to hear about your experience so far @DFromACT. If there is already a pending order on a service then another order can be placed however it will not clear till the previous one is cleared. It works in a first in first out basics. Apologies in regards to your original order being cancelled without your knowledge. We can definitely look into this and place the visual voicemail order for you.  

However since this is a public forum we can`t access customers account details here. As such your best to contact us via the → messaging service to assist you further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Sootsie
New Contributor
New Contributor

Bought new iphone 12 Pro max from optus and visual voicemail does not work. Not even the sales lady knew what it was. Have been on message to a guy named Juvy who has no idea what i am talking about even sending thru pictures of the optus website to tell them they offer it. He says its ticked and offered to me but its not there and get NO notification that i even have a voicemail. Have searched internet and cannot find a fix. Any sugestions?
0 Kudos
Top Contributors