Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus app asking for code on iPad

I've just downloaded the Optus app on my iPad keeps saying it's sent the code via SMS but I'm not getting the code. I think iPads with sim only get iMessage still?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Optus app asking for code on iPad

Hey @Danielcservak, yes you can certainly receive a SMS on iPad. Let us know if you want us to link your servuce to My Account - Aman 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes please as for some reason I'm not getting the code

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Are you downloading the iPhone app and putting it on an iPad, or are you downloading the specific tablet app? 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

How is something’s ng blatently incorrect marked as the “solution”

the apple iPad is not able to send or receive SMS messages via their data sim ... this is a device level limitation

they can send/receive iMessage texts, or the can send SMS via your iPhone using SMS forwarding, but they CANNOT get SMS data from the on-device sim

so Optus registration process is flawed unless they can provide some other way to get the activation code other that SMS to the device number

Top Contributors