cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Re: Optus Number Share Problem

No worries! Glad we were able to get this resolved in the end.

@Mike5789 I apologise for the delay. I have since fixed yours up on our end and it should be good to go. I have sent you a PM so please respond if the problem persists. 

New training manuals are being uploaded as we speak so support staff will be more prepared for these issues moving forward.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor samjp
New Contributor

Hi @Toomey, I sent you a private message two days ago because I'm having similar problems. Can you please take a look for me? Thanks!

0 Kudos
New Contributor SteveBowdz
New Contributor

Having the same issue here. The Optus support team told me to contact apple (sigh). In changing to a new phone yesterday, had to re-pair the watch. Setting up mobile data (number sharing) sent me to a page which stated my optus number share was active (no surprises, mobile data and number sharing were working perfectly on my old phone yesterday) - yet there was no activation of mobile data on the watch. So despite having active number share, the watch thinks I have no data plan. Not sure where that training manual got uploaded to... but not much joy here. Any help appreciated!

0 Kudos
New Contributor shaun_harvey89
New Contributor

Suffering from same issue here - had issues with the watch - got it replaced....trying to set up mobile again and am being told that its already being shared and to contacted - started live chat numerous times to be told only "you" as the person can do it in the app - well no i cant - just follow the apple watch app - i cant as it still believes its shared - i need to cancel it to start again - please HELP!!!

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Yep, got bounced from Optus tech support (not much help) to Apple tech support (helpful but essentially it is an Optus issue). Went into Optus store who called tech support again... all despite me originally outlining that this was not a new issue and that apparently Optus has previously ‘solved’ the problem.

The solution apparently is that they have to manually remove number sharing from your account... wait for 2-3 days for this to take effect. Then set it up again via the watch app on your phone.

This will be a recurring issue for anyone trying to re-pair a watch with a different phone so Optus might want to look into getting it fixed in the software.

Action: call the customer service team and ask them to remove your number sharing from your account... I did this on Saturday and I was only able to re-activate it via the app today (Tuesday) - so be prepared for a few days wait.

Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi @SteveBowdz

Sorry to hear this. Has the number share been working for you now? 

New Contributor

@DJ83x what do you suggest I do....have posted my problems and your phone and live chat just tell me to erase all content and keep data plan! It’s a new watch for Christ sake.....I can’t pair my number share as it’s already active!

New Contributor

My service is back up and working now, thanks, @DJ83x

@shaun_harvey89It doesn’t appear to have anything to do with erasing settings on the watch - Optus need to manually remove number sharing from your account (call them and ask them to do this). Then, when it’s reset (takes a few days) you go back in and re-register for number sharing in the ‘set up mobile data’ section of the Watch app.  I feel your frustration - getting bounced backwards and forwards by tech support when a workaround has already been found and demonstrated. 

Still, Optus should fix that bug because every time someone tries to pair a new watch/phone to an existing number share account they are going to get this issue...and the number of people who will want to do this will only increase over time. 

0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi @SteveBowdz

I'm glad to hear that it's working 😃

Hi @shaun_harvey89

Please send me DM here: http://yesopt.us/pmdee and i will look into this for you. Please include your full name, DOB, and mobile number.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

@DJ83x No need to worry! Gen from Twitterverse was able to solve it in 30 seconds... don’t know why live chat and telephone staff can’t...

0 Kudos