Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mobile Outage Northern NSW has now been resolved 2PM AEDT
New Contributor Eddie868
New Contributor

Optus Number Share Problem

I recently purchased the Apple Watch Series 3, and had it connected through the number share program for over a week. But yesterday, when I updated my Watch, everything was erased and I had to start everything up from scratch again. Whilst I was setting it up, when I got to the mobile page, when I tried to activate it it said that the service was already active and didn’t give me another option “Managing your service
Optus Number Share is currently active.
If you wish to manage Optus Number Share, please call Customer care on 133 937. A service representative will be able to assist you.
Thank you.”
I’ve been on the line to Optus support twice and on live chat about 7 times, with no resolution. The support suggested that they deactivate it and I re-activate it, but it’s been more than 24 hours and it says that it’s still “active”. They told me to wait four hours yesterday, but still no resolution yet...

73 Replies
New Contributor Mike5789
New Contributor

Re: Optus Number Share Problem

I have a similar issue, except I had a replacement watch from Apple after a week. Speaking with the customer care team a couple of times, they said they don’t have access to tools in the backend to make any changes. Unfortunately I think we are going to be held hostage to half baked support on a rolled out feature. No ETA. 

They’ll activate something, just not be able to deactivate or support it. Lucky I’m not paying for it currently. 

I have been promised a call back, and have lodged a complaint through the rep. I’ll let you know if I get any success. 

RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Hey guys, the "How to cancel Number Share" section of this article has some information on these scenarios → Number Share: What you need to know.

It shouldn't take more than 24 to be cancelled so I'd recommend jumping back into Live Chat if you're still having issues.

Feel free to send me a private message with your phone number, full name and DOB if you still can't get any where and I'll check it out.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor jdebrincat
Occasional Contributor

Exactly the same issue here. First time the watch set up failed for some reason, now Number Share shows as active and won't let me progress to set up the Mobile connection on the watch.

I've had 2 calls and on my 3rd live chat at the moment, but Number Share still shows as 'active' and won't let me do anything after that.

I saw some of the US telcos have had similar issues and have been hardcoding the watch's details into the accounts. Is that possible for Optus?

Very frustrating.

Jae.

RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

@jdebrincat Send me a private message with the details above and I'll check it out.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor

Already have, please check your inbox. J.

New Contributor Mike5789
New Contributor

@Toomey did you get my PM?

Occasional Contributor

Has anyone had a resolution to this issue?

I've now had 6 different Optus technicians "try" things and have seen absolutely no change at my end. Still says that the "Number Sharing is currently enabled" and the watch still has no data plan connected to it.

@Toomey did you get my message? 

New Contributor Mike5789
New Contributor

@jdebrincat no mate. No change and no response yet from @Toomey either. 

I was going to give @Toomey the benefit of the doubt to fix my account, but no. The solution advised above is rubbish. Clearly everyone on this post has already seen the information and we have come to the forum to find another solution. The current solution offered by Optus is not a solution. Stop kidding yourself Optus. 

Occasional Contributor

Letting you all know that @Toomey and his back office support guys fixed my problem. Watch now works perfectly.

Best of luck getting yours sorted out as well!

@Toomey thanks for your help!